Action Zone Re-theming for 2014

Kat

So I must ask, what are some ideas for other renaming. (ect. Delirium, Drop Tower, Congo Falls, Slingshot,)

Delirium: The Cauldron

Invertigo: Screamin' Demon

Congo Falls: Olde Hollow

Drop Tower: Grave Drop

Xtreme Sky Flyer: Apparition (Best I can do with that one)

Slingshot: Orb

I really love the idea of The Cauldron BB1! Amazing ideas!

What can BB1 say, he is BB1, a theming kind of person.

hahaha XD

So I must ask, what are some ideas for other renaming. (ect. Delirium, Drop Tower, Congo Falls, Slingshot,)

Delirium: The Cauldron

Invertigo: Screamin' Demon

Congo Falls: Olde Hollow

Drop Tower: Grave Drop

Xtreme Sky Flyer: Apparition (Best I can do with that one)

Slingshot: Orb

I really love the idea of The Cauldron BB1! Amazing ideas!

What can BB1 say, he is BB1, a theming kind of person.

hahaha XD

I never said hahaha XD? BB1, beginning to wonder what is going on?

Guest KingsIslandPR

Look what I found today on Kings Island's website! InvertigoRumor_zpsae798c3d.png

All the Action Zone rides were like this for about 10 minutes!

Nothing to this whatsoever. We did not change our website, as claimed.

• Like 30

Speaking of Slingshot, did anyone else notice that it wasn't in any of the Banshee videos? I noticed one day that the price to ride it was on sale (maybe for it's last riders) But this was in July/August (I don't remember)

who was speaking of slingshot?

• Like 3

Imagine yourself being 6' 2" and then tell me Haunt is scary. I personally think the scareactors don't take their job seriously enough...

(They stopped trying to scare me once I was 5' 10" and in the 8th grade ;).)

Moral of the story: they only go after short people!

And most females lol. The last Saturday of the Haunt we were walking through Rivertown and my fiancé overheard a conversation between a scare actor and a kid outside of Reds Grill. Kid told him to scare someone, the next people to walk by. That happened to be us, apparently. My fiancé said the kid pointed to him and told the scare actor "scare him!!" ... The scare actor said "too big to scare" LOL. My fiancé is 6'1 and about 385. It was hilarious to hear the conversation, though! They target me big time. I'm 5'3 and 100ish pounds lol thankfully I'm usually quiet when I am scared so if one scares me they may get a slight jump out of me but no screams.

Idiot drivers scaring me is a different story. lol

• Like 7

Haha! That is too funny. I went to the Haunt with a group of girls once who got really scared easily. I politely asked a slider to scare them and he slid right in front of them. They were screaming and one yelled "OMmgGG help mee!!!" that was the highlight of my night. Later in the night i told them that I asked the alider to scare them and they got mad though ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 7

Not calling you a liar or anything, but did anybody else catch this? It could be very easily photoshopped to say Fear Zone, so I would prefer to have another witness before I believe anything.

Still waiting on that Green Intamin track....

You sure called that one right. That's why I never believe these things until proven true, but instead just speculate :) and that's remarkable for me considering I'm gullible!

• Like 6

The same night (10/26) we also saw a dad tell the undertaker to go scare his daughter and her friends :) the undertaker didn't really do anything and they ran off screaming. He walked up to them, stared at them, they froze up but observed him, then he slightly lurched forward at them with an evil smirk, and they screamed very loud and ran off. It was great.

• Like 7

Not hard to manipulate web pages. It took me a grand total of 45 seconds to make this happen. No Photoshop whatsoever.

ChooChoo.jpg

*Note that this is a manipulated screenshot, and the image represented within does not represent Kings Island or any attraction therein. But it may reflect the poster's opinions of an attraction within Kings Island.

• Like 7

Well, there but by a can of spraypaint go Paramount.

I think one of the only obviously Paramount things left is our Stunt Coaster in Coney Mall that scene-for-scene recreates the final chase in the 2003 version of The Italian Job.

EDIT: I'm fairly certain that it's just a glare, unless they were out painting over it in the wee hours of the morning before sunrise.

Edited by homestar92
  • Like 5

Well, there but by a can of spraypaint go Paramount.

I think one of the only obviously Paramount things left is our Stunt Coaster in Coney Mall that scene-for-scene recreates the final chase in the 2003 version of The Italian Job.

EDIT: I'm fairly certain that it's just a glare, unless they were out painting over it in the wee hours of the morning before sunrise.

I believe you are correct, looking at the webcam it appears to be some sort smudge or water drop, refracting the light no displaying what is actually happening.

When I first looked at that, I had sinking feeling in my stomach, because I thought if they were to take the time to clean off that paint, or even repainted it or what ever, I think if that were to be the case, that would rule out my lovely brick pavers...

The idea of retheming Action Zone to a haunted area is interesting, but a few of the rides are out of place. Congo Falls, for example, is more of an Adventure themed water ride and, unless the water were dyed red like blood, it would be out of place in that area. I personally would prefer the old Adventure Village theming in that area again over a scary horror re-theme.

• Like 1

Sorry to go back to the scaractor stuff from a few posts above. however, Funny thing about that is the scaractor Kat mentioned happened to be me lol. I was a Rivertown roamer and by the grille quite a bit. I usually use tactics like that to get kids to leave me alone. I hate having conversations as it distracts me from my goal. So I just ignore and don't fulfill their requests. If it continues I get an officer.

Also, I scared/startles many males taller than myself. I stand at 5' 11". You just have to be sneaky about and the guys have to be good sports about it.

• Like 5