Action Zone Re-theming for 2014

Kat

Ye Ole Barbecue Pit

That would be really cool actually and that gives me another idea for the Action Zone retheme. What if instead of a scary theme, it could be more of a medieval theme! Just think about it. All of the rides would have Medieval themes. Sure The Bat isn't exactly medieval but other rides would have cool names. They could tear down Action Zone things and put Medieval things. Instead of the water tower there could be a well or something. All of the rides would get a new coat of paint and castles and crap. Just a thought but if this were true it would take a lot of time.

I kind of like this Medieval Fair idea. I think the crap fits well as most human waste was thrown into the streets and not properly handled during the Middle Ages. I believe someone said something about the bathrooms in the AZ being removed and now I know why. :)

• Like 4

With Cedar Fair opening a dark ride at Canada's Wonderland, Ouimet said that if it's a success they will clone the rides across the chain. I think Action Zone or whatever it may be named would be perfect for one of these. Especially being that they are supposed to be easy to switch out theming in for different seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ye Ole Barbecue Pit

That would be really cool actually and that gives me another idea for the Action Zone retheme. What if instead of a scary theme, it could be more of a medieval theme! Just think about it. All of the rides would have Medieval themes. Sure The Bat isn't exactly medieval but other rides would have cool names. They could tear down Action Zone things and put Medieval things. Instead of the water tower there could be a well or something. All of the rides would get a new coat of paint and castles and crap. Just a thought but if this were true it would take a lot of time.

The only place crap belongs in a park is in its proper receptacle.

Truly.

No, he just wants it to look like Raptor!

• Like 3

Well, close.....Bavaria has middle age structures, but Oktoberfest happened for the first time in 1810. I like the idea of merging the two areas, kind of like Oktoberfest and the Dark Forest as a suburb section. However....Banshees are Irish....

Edit: In Germany, the Banshee is called the "Washer Woman"

• Like 2

Yeah, I would really love to see a dark ride in that area. I think that it's time to say goodbye to Congo Falls though. It's lacked in popularity for years now. But all that aside, when me and my friend were talking we came up with an idea. What if in the area where Congo Falls was, we could have another ride similar to The Crypt. Not necessarily a Top Spin but maybe an indoor roller coaster. Like Th13teen at Alton Towers. And then looking forward. What if they continued to add-on to that area behind Banshee's Batwing? Maybe a Top Thrill Dragster with an inversion or something at the end. I can see it now, "Worlds longest Zero-G-Roll" or "Worlds biggest vertical loop!"

• Like 1

The fact that you can wait in line for Delirium for 2 hours and not see one boat go once. Or waiting in line for Drop Tower for an hour not seeing any boats. Note that both of these happened to me on different days more than once throughout the summer on Saturdays when the KI Hub crowd calendar is on red.

• Like 1

The fact that you can wait in line for Delirium for 2 hours and not see one boat go once. Or waiting in line for Drop Tower for an hour not seeing any boats. Note that both of these happened to me on different days more than once throughout the summer on Saturdays when the KI Hub crowd calendar is on red.

I went almost every Tuesday And Most of the boats Were full for the season. And don said in a post on here that no ride will be leaving KI Any time soon.

• Like 4

With Cedar Fair opening a dark ride at Canada's Wonderland, Ouimet said that if it's a success they will clone the rides across the chain. I think Action Zone or whatever it may be named would be perfect for one of these. Especially being that they are supposed to be easy to switch out theming in for different seasons.

If they're going to build a dark ride, there's an empty box in Rivertown they can use.

• Like 4

I would put in an 80's pun here about Spinning, but I don't think it is the best time yet. Anyways, if we do, we do, let's just watch the webcams and find fascination in the fact that something is happening at Kings Island for guests like you.

Yeah, I would really love to see a dark ride in that area. I think that it's time to say goodbye to Congo Falls though. It's lacked in popularity for years now. But all that aside, when me and my friend were talking we came up with an idea. What if in the area where Congo Falls was, we could have another ride similar to The Crypt. Not necessarily a Top Spin but maybe an indoor roller coaster. Like Th13teen at Alton Towers. And then looking forward. What if they continued to add-on to that area behind Banshee's Batwing? Maybe a Top Thrill Dragster with an inversion or something at the end. I can see it now, "Worlds longest Zero-G-Roll" or "Worlds biggest vertical loop!"

They definitely have the room to add on. We could easily see another Cedar Point here in a few years. At least I hope.

• Like 1

I'd rather Kings Island not become anything like Cedar Point. Nothing against Cedar Point, but the atmosphere is so much more welcoming at Kings Island than it is up north. There are certain rides at Kings Island that are far superior than Cedar Point versions as well. There is just far too much about Kings Island that I would hate to change to emulate a lesser product in my opinion.

• Like 7

Can someone give me an example of a dark ride, please?

Boo Boo's Blasters is a dark ride. It's defined as an indoor themed attraction with slow(ish) moving vehicles that travel past set pieces and scenes. Flight of Fear, however, is considered a dark coaster because of a combination of dark ride elements and a roller coaster experience.

• Like 6

Yeah, Golden Tickets really don't mean anything. They vote for the same thing year after year. I think it's been more than 10 years now that millennium force has won best roller coaster and Planet Snoopy wins best kids area. There is never any change over there. I think maybe a few times Kings Island has even been considered in the top 10 amusement parks. I believe it is 14th <_<

• Like 6

And the Disney Parks win nothing so there's that to consider. Oddly, it seems mostly parks that advertise in Amusement Today win. Huh!

When questioning the Golden Ticket awards, I again ask how Cedar Point can win Best Amusement Park in the World without also winning Best Food, Cleanest, Nicest Employees, Best Waterpark, Best Kid's Area, Best Shows, Best Landscaping... You'd think the "best park in the world" would be even close to representing one of those categories if not sweeping them all! But Cedar Point...

• Like 5

I'd rather Kings Island not become anything like Cedar Point. Nothing against Cedar Point, but the atmosphere is so much more welcoming at Kings Island than it is up north. There are certain rides at Kings Island that are far superior than Cedar Point versions as well. There is just far too much about Kings Island that I would hate to change to emulate a lesser product in my opinion.

I totally agree with you. I think Kings Island could definitely add a couple more world class coasters is all I was thinking. I think they could also do it in a way that would keep the great atmosphere we have there already. It's homey, and Cedar Point is more "ride, ride, ride"

Plus now Cedar Point is running out of room. To get a new ride they have to tear down another beloved one. They tear down a classic, beautiful, themed ride and what do they replace it with? A B&M who's only theming is two keyholes above the entrance. Another thing I don't like about Cedar Point is that everything is starting to get cramped. Unless they do what Japan does and make their own land, Kings Island will slowly make it's way towards the top as Cedar Point makes it's way down.

• Like 4