Action Zone Re-theming for 2014

Kat

Plus now Cedar Point is running out of room. To get a new ride they have to tear down another beloved one. They tear down a classic, beautiful, themed ride and what do they replace it with? A B&M who's only theming is two keyholes above the entrance. Another thing I don't like about Cedar Point is that everything is starting to get cramped. Unless they do what Japan does and make their own land, Kings Island will slowly make it's way towards the top as Cedar Point makes it's way down.

Oh boy.

There are two things wrong with your thesis.

1. Cedar Point is NOT running out of room. They still have a lot of room left for expansion. Consult Google Earth for more information.

2. Disaster Transport was a mediocre ride located in a hot and ugly building. There was nothing classic or beautiful about it.

• Like 2

Plus now Cedar Point is running out of room. To get a new ride they have to tear down another beloved one. They tear down a classic, beautiful, themed ride and what do they replace it with? A B&M who's only theming is two keyholes above the entrance. Another thing I don't like about Cedar Point is that everything is starting to get cramped. Unless they do what Japan does and make their own land, Kings Island will slowly make it's way towards the top as Cedar Point makes it's way down.

Alright slooow down there...

Cedar Point Will not go anywhere cause it does have a Few Record breakers. {i.e TTD, MF Etc}

Cedar Point isnt really "Cramped". Like people above me had said, They have TONS Of room to expand without tearing down attractions.

• Like 1

I'd rather Kings Island not become anything like Cedar Point. Nothing against Cedar Point, but the atmosphere is so much more welcoming at Kings Island than it is up north. There are certain rides at Kings Island that are far superior than Cedar Point versions as well. There is just far too much about Kings Island that I would hate to change to emulate a lesser product in my opinion.

I totally agree with you. I think Kings Island could definitely add a couple more world class coasters is all I was thinking. I think they could also do it in a way that would keep the great atmosphere we have there already. It's homey, and Cedar Point is more "ride, ride, ride"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. However, we won't see another world class coaster anytime soon since they just spent $24 million on one.

LOL I remembered I was in Florida when he died :( Anyway back to something more important, me! Ha jk but seriously, what do you guys think about the names?

I like the names, But i dont think Invertigo will get re-painted in the next 5 years as it just got re painted in 2011-2012

LOL I remembered I was in Florida when he died :( Anyway back to something more important, me! Ha jk but seriously, what do you guys think about the names?

I like the names, But i dont think Invertigo will get re-painted in the next 5 years as it just got re painted in 2011-2012

Flight Deck was just painted in the 2010–2011 offseason. Now only three years later, it's being painted again.

• Like 1

Cedar Fair under Kinzel was not known for maintaining theming. We have insufficient data to determine if there has been or will be a change under Ouimet, but any change must overcome inertia. Thus, I am in the camp of "I'll believe it when I see it."

• Like 1

I think that every B&M needs a new station with better themin to suit the ride. But even though that would be cool *sigh* $$$$$ would get in the way.

The ride manufacturer doesn't determine what a station looks like.

Busch Gardens in both Williamsburg and Tampa work a great deal with B&M, and their roller coasters have stations whose theming ranges from tasteful to extraordinary. Griffon's is a vine-covered arbor with iron lanterns. Alpengeist's is a detailed Swiss chalet (with the trains being a ski-lift, complete with skis on the train). SheiKra's is a treehouse with each row of the train accessed by planks with a 50 foot drop on either side.

Banshee's is an old Irish chapel. Diamondback's is a barn.

Batman: The Ride's was a junkyard. ;)

All of that depends on what the park is willing to pay. Expedition Everest and Invertigo were manufactured by the same people. One simply decided to invest more in themeing around their ride. That's their choice, not Vekoma's.

It would seem that Cedar Fair is getting better in regards to "theming" a station but only minimally. And probably, that's all they really need. Diamondback would look out of place in Rivertown if its station was a big metal box, but it doesn't need to be too elaborate considering it leads to a 200' hypercoaster, not an elaborate first-of-its-kind multi-sensory dark ride.

• Like 6

Okay we're off topic again. So if this retheme did take place, do you think Kings Island would take any of our ideas?

Slow down. If you get caught up moderating us, you miss half the fun! The off-topic conversations usually find their way back to the main conversation anyways, so why not let it run its course and enjoy the diversion?

As for your second point, I don't believe Kings Island would take your idea. IIRC, if Kings Island takes someone's idea the person in question could come back looking for money for "their" idea. KI wants to avoid any kind of trouble they can. Don't quote me on that, though.

• Like 8

I am sure ideas would be appreciated (every comment card I've filled out says something generic like that), but the likelihood of them being used would be slim to none. They have already hired professionals they pay big money to take care of the details and changes why chance someone suing them for an idea?

I think they can (and do) create a buzz to get opinion of the fans. For example, Flight Deck/Bat change.

I can't imagine it being an accident to do an "accidental" release of a fake page. These are professionals after all. I think they wanted to create as much buzz as possible (more buzz about the already massive buzz of the upcoming announcement of the new ride) and they did exactly that.

I would think the excitement generated around the possibility of The Bat name being resurrected showed that it would be well received. It had even more people talking about the new ride than it initially did. I do think (possibly incorrectly) had the name not been so we received as a possibility then it likely would not have been changed. Thus, public opinion does count for something and is not dismissed.

It has people excited to ride a ride that has been around for years. I think that in itself is excellent marketing. I do think the outpouring of love by public opinion of the idea resurrecting The Bat name helped with the name change - but obviously it was already in the works to some degree.

Plus, they have things in the works for several years. I would presume the creativity they have access to can go further than what we can imagine since they are aware of budgets and upcoming ideas and plans already in place. I think if we could be in on the planning and marketing meetings we'd be amazed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4