Action Zone Re-theming for 2014

Kat

Unsolicited submissions aren't usually accepted by companies for that reason...

I think if any of the ideas coincide, it's because we follow the park too well. Even the smallest decision is in the works forever before being acted on, and there's so many committees for each idea to go through.

We come along, playing our guessing games, and the stopped watch may get it right a few times, but what can you expect from people staring at a webcam at a coaster being built in the winter?

• Like 2

Maybe if Cedar Fair could actually maintain their B&M's better then I wouldn't mind as much having KI turning into a "B&M jungle". But to be honest, somewhere down the road, I think Kings Island has got to get a new coaster someday that's NOT a B&M. However, it doesn't necessarily have to be an Intamin either (although that's what I would prefer).

There are MANY other manufacturers/designers out there where I would be happy of them selling one of their finest attractions to KI. (Premier, Chance, Mack, RMC etc...)

Wait... Hold up! Diamondbacks station is themed to a BARN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I learn the darnest things here...

If DB is themed as a barn..

Gemini is a retro dance club with hints of purple establishing it's royalty as "King" in the park for many years

I never really thought about it being a barn, but it does kind of look like one.

100_0233.jpg

Wait, so we collectively don't think they were going for 'barn' with this? What was their desired look then?

• Like 16

Yeah, I agree with Kat on the whole "intensify" thing. I went and I did feel kind of violated because I was actually touched twice (Once in slaughter house and once again getting off of Diamondback) I think that the scareactors take their job too seriously.

Would you rather us not take our jobs seriously?

Imagine yourself being 6' 2" and then tell me Haunt is scary. I personally think the scareactors don't take their job seriously enough...

(They stopped trying to scare me once I was 5' 10" and in the 8th grade ;).)

Moral of the story: they only go after short people!

Depends on the scareactor. Some of my best, most memorable scares have been big guys! Unfortunately, a majority of the time when popping on a big guy, they don't react (and that's probably why some scareactors quickly stop popping on them). But when they do jump, it's great!

Not just short people, they go after the freaked people too. It's quite hilarious.

Definite yes to this. The past three years I've had a great hiding spot from which I could pick my perfect victim. If someone looks freaked out, that's who I'm getting. :D

Put another, less kind way, our new poster lied.

Just as he/she/it almost certainly lied when claiming the Scareactors touched him/her/it.

Loss of credibility sucks.

If a scareactor touched him, it was more than likely by accident. It sometimes happens.

They should name SCG Never Open Grill lol

I have a very strong suspicion that that will change come next year.

• Like 9

Wait... Hold up! Diamondbacks station is themed to a BARN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I learn the darnest things here...

If DB is themed as a barn..

Gemini is a retro dance club with hints of purple establishing it's royalty as "King" in the park for many years

I never really thought about it being a barn, but it does kind of look like one.

100_0233.jpg

Wait, so we collectively don't think they were going for 'barn' with this? What was their desired look then?

They should paint it red.

• Like 6

To sort of kind of get back on topic I will explain my theory or idea (I need to cut down the X-files). So some us have noticed some changes in the Adventure Express queue area, and me, as always, coming up with craz... creative ideas that might possibly be coming to life. I shall next explain my craz... creative idea.

Now as I mentioned above there has been some movement in Adventure Expresses queue area, and yes I know Don said that the queue has not been torn down, but as we know our lovely PR is always very concerned with how he words, and phrases things. So if we look at a webcam photo...

(Yes I know it isn't up to date, but it is dark outside so bare with me.)

maxresdefault_zps1a22e8f9.jpg

Now what I was thinking is that we might possibly see a modified queue for Adventure Express, and a new pat that travels behind slingshot ands along the first drop of Banshee, leaving for an even more photogenic area that we first imagined! Aswell as short cut for those who see it drop from Coney Mall, and think "hey that looks cool lets go ride that" and then see there is a new direct path to it! And just image the possibilities for this, a new area that could be its own rather than just a subsection of ActionZone that has two entrances, one from Coney and one from Action Zone. They could have a nice manicured lawn [or not depending how they want to play this] with grave stones, and trees that could be on either edge of the path to add to the awesomeness. And they could aswell add places to eat, stores, games and all sorts of other things.

Just a fan, thinking out side the zone.

• Like 2

Maybe they can get a new sountrack too. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Indiana Jones as much as the nexy guy, but I think a custom soundtrack for the queue would be really cool! Maybe even have the soundtrack play throughout the entire ride. Just an idea to make a boring ride with awesome theming better. They need to do all they can to make it more exciting because that lift hill tunnel opening to nothing is really boring. I was once riding and a little boy maybe 7 was riding and after that he's like, daddy is that it? I want my money back!" It was the cutest thing ever but he is right.

• Like 1

Yeah! I remember doors on backlot I think. It was when it was still Italian Job. I was just getting out of the kiddie area because Italian Job opened when I was like 5. *sigh* I miss the old Nickelodeon Universe. If you watch a video on YouTube called "Kings Island History" it states that who ever owns the park must keep the kids area exiting and up-to-date with what kids watch these days. Sure kids know Snoopy from that one christmas special that their mom forces them to watch every year, but I just loved coming off of Runaway Reptar and giving SpongeBob and Patrick a high-five. -_- The good old days.

• Like 2

Mr. Plummer, we like to be at least somewhat consistent here. Since you started here often lecturing us about staying on topic (and several members pointed out to you our side discussions are often interesting and sometimes the bestest parts of threads), I wish only to point out that in an Action Zone topic, you are discussing doors on Italian Job/Backlot. Not that there is anything wrong with that. There isn't. There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Moving merrily along, those doors survived long into the Cedar Fair era, being removed only when the cars (almost a bad pun) were extensively refurbished to no longer resemble a BMW product, since the license therefor had not been renewed.

• Like 6