Action Zone Re-theming for 2014

Kat

Yeah! I remember doors on backlot I think. It was when it was still Italian Job. I was just getting out of the kiddie area because Italian Job opened when I was like 5. *sigh* I miss the old Nickelodeon Universe. If you watch a video on YouTube called "Kings Island History" it states that who ever owns the park must keep the kids area exiting and up-to-date with what kids watch these days. Sure kids know Snoopy from that one christmas special that their mom forces them to watch every year, but I just loved coming off of Runaway Reptar and giving SpongeBob and Patrick a high-five. -_- The good old days.

I remember being a little tot at the Hanna Barberra area, stop making me feel old! :P

(See Terpy rant for another thought)

So here is where we stand now:

-Bat is returning in 2014 next to Banshee, but, again, it is the Flight Deck.

-Banshee is coming in 2014, a celtic ghost theme, being almost now the focal point of "Action Zone"

-We have word on guests getting to see a new area in a sense.

With all this at hand, I believe we could be a whole new "sub section" of Action Zone with all of this being taken into word. Though, I would believe that it could be the best idea to just extend the Oktoberfest theme and make the area themed to Gothic/Middle Ages Europe, or at least the myths and legends surrounding it.

Yeah! I remember doors on backlot I think. It was when it was still Italian Job. I was just getting out of the kiddie area because Italian Job opened when I was like 5. *sigh* I miss the old Nickelodeon Universe. If you watch a video on YouTube called "Kings Island History" it states that who ever owns the park must keep the kids area exiting and up-to-date with what kids watch these days. Sure kids know Snoopy from that one christmas special that their mom forces them to watch every year, but I just loved coming off of Runaway Reptar and giving SpongeBob and Patrick a high-five. -_- The good old days.

You have to remember that most of the shows featured in NU are no longer on the air (though there are a few exceptions: Dora, Spongebob, etc.) This begs the question of what is really important: a current theme or a sense of nostalgia?

You have to remember that most of the shows featured in NU are no longer on the air (though there are a few exceptions: Dora, Spongebob, etc.) This begs the question of what is really important: a current theme or a sense of nostalgia?

Yeah I guess you're right. I'd hate to see current Nickelodeon show themed rides around there. I just miss Nickelodeon Universe because that was what got me into Roller Coasters and Kings Island. I don't want to see Sanjay and Craig running around and barfing on people (The show is GARBAGE)

• Like 3

I doubt VIACOM would make its licensed properties available for a reasonable price anyway. They are still smarting from their choice to allocate the low profit potential (as they saw it) theme parks to CBS (VIACOM could have had them when VIACOM spun off CBS) only to watch now mostly rival CBS make a king's ransom selling them to Dick Kinzel's Cedar Fair. That still stings.

• Like 3

Any ways, away from the whole Nick conversation (Which I seriously am thinking of making a whole essay on the flow of a topic on KIC), the Action Zone renovations seem like they would start in January if it is a whole new area, and if it will be changed a bit for higher theme, then February/March.

• Like 1

Sparsely scattering a few gravestones under the ride and building a station that looks like a church doesn't make a ride well themed. Adding fog, tunnels, theatrical lights, and props make an immersive ride.

While it may not be an immersive ride, it is in fact an upgrade in theming. Most of the rides at KI don't even have that. I will take it......brick by brick.

• Like 9

I was at the ACE event on Saturday. If those are the same things that were laying around in Action Zone on Saturday, those are not trash cans.

Truthfully, I don't know what they actually are. It looked like crated pieces of unpainted or galvanized steel. No idea what it could be for; it didn't look like anything particularly coastery in the whole second and a half I took to look at them.

• Like 7

Trash cans are not Dumpster mobile disposal containers.

And dumpster is now generic:

http://commonsensej.blogspot.com/2013/05/ap-style-dumpster-nope-not-trademark.html?m=1

And for a confused mixed-up set of slides:

http://www.slideshare.net/Witerver989/adumpsterisatrademarkusedforlargesteelcon47

But you do not understand, the Dumpster Enthusiasts wanted a Dumpster themed attraction!

• Like 1

Ok, this is going to sound really dumb, but what if they are filled with parts of cranes so it can be painted. Really dumb idea but it just popped into my mind.

Hey Nick, check out this awesome topic I found right on our forums! http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28695-the-nature-of-a-kic-topic/

Anyways, they, being the packaged material, could be parts for tombstones possibly?

I like the thought of Action Zone, and Oktoberfest becoming a Merged Oktoberfest area.

Yeah we were talking about it before. I'm glad you brought it back up! I also like the idea we had before about expanding paths behind Banshee's first drop and behind the Batwing. Additional theming and rides could be added there

Boring?

I wish I could make you ride Bizarro at New Jersey's Finest Theme Park back when it had on board music. I'm SO glad that feature is gone. Just like it's gone on what was Italian Job: Stunt Track.

The music on Bizarro was awful. The music was blaring, and the dialogue couldn't be understood because it was too loud for the speakers to handle. Worst audio I've ever been exposed to on a ride.

• Like 2