Action Zone Re-theming for 2014

Kat

^ May I ask why that matters, unless you're trying to prove what you wrote about KIC topics? Many topics derailed long before you started posting, and many of those topics managed to get back on track without much prodding. Most topics tend to derail because there isn't anything interesting else to say strictly about the main topic, so what's the point in mentioning it? Besides, you're the one posting about donkeys.

By the by, here's what Ice Scream Zone looks like now. Notice the lack of menu, sign, etc.:

11281938306_846095603b_b.jpg

Compare to On Location, also missing its sign:

11281879245_975efddd66_b.jpg

...And then see Stunt Crew Grill, WITH sign (those boxes aren't the same boxes as the ones mentioned earlier):

11281963283_4d157436d8_b.jpg

Coincidence?

• Like 16

^ May I ask why that matters, unless you're trying to prove what you wrote about KIC topics? Many topics derailed long before you started posting, and many of those topics managed to get back on track without much prodding. Most topics tend to derail because there isn't anything interesting else to say strictly about the main topic, so what's the point in mentioning it? Besides, you're the one posting about donkeys.

By the by, here's what Ice Scream Zone looks like now. Notice the lack of menu, sign, etc.:

11281938306_846095603b_b.jpg

Compare to On Location, also missing its sign:

11281879245_975efddd66_b.jpg

...And then see Stunt Crew Grill, WITH sign (those boxes aren't the same boxes as the ones mentioned earlier):

11281963283_4d157436d8_b.jpg

Coincidence?

Dont know if its just my Computer but i cant see the top 2 Pictures.

They really need to paint the Invertigo sign to match the ride. I wouldn't mind if they ripped out the entire stunt crew building. I never see that place doing much business anyway.

Have you seen Halloween there? At the Stunt Crew, a annual butcher shop takes it's place to sell some of the best meats at Kings Island!

• Like 13

They really need to paint the Invertigo sign to match the ride.

I agree 100% with that.

.....Another thought that I had a few years back regarding that sign was.......

When California's Great America removed their inverted boomerang which also operated under the name "Invertigo", what happened to everything with the rides name on it?.....

I'm talking specifically about the ride's entrance sign, which would've matched perfectly with the colors of our Invertigo at Kings Island....

The sign is shown here....

invertigo6.JPG

(Photo Courtesy of IncredibleCoasters.com)

I know that a sign for a ride could seem pointless to worry about....But sometimes it's the little things that count.

• Like 7

They need to somehow find a way to make the color of the sign match the ride, as well as paint the "tiara" (or fools'-Intamin track as I like to call it) that holds it.

However, I'm not so sure the color of sign itself could be corrected that easily with just some paint slapped on to it. They'd might have to do something different...

992_zps759fe430.jpg

995_zpsc130490c.jpg

(Photos of courteousy of ME)

• Like 8

I think changing Invertigo's sign would be a fairly small project. They can easily slap a coat of teal on the... tiara as we are calling it. The sign would more than likely have to have new inserts ordered, I don't think simply painting a sign with a light shining through the back would work.

Edit: (and to get my opinion on this see post below) TheCrypt is absoloutly right, would a matching sign be nice? sure, but no matter what color it is, people will still refer to it as "the one that goes forward and backward" or "vertigo"

• Like 2

I'll have to agree with you on Invertigo. It just looks out of place, but I would keep the arch, just change the colors. Anyways, I feel like we could see two zones now emerge from this, one being Zone "X", what I call the Banshee/Bat area, and Action Zone, everything else. This could easily be together, or at least have a European theme to the area to help lend to Oktoberfest.

• Like 3

I think changing Invertigo's sign would be a fairly small project. They can easily slap a coat of teal on the... tiara as we are calling it. The sign would more than likely have to have new inserts ordered, I don't think simply painting a sign with a light shining through the back would work.

Edit: (and to get my opinion on this see post below) TheCrypt is absoloutly right, would a matching sign be nice? sure, but no matter what color it is, people will still refer to it as "the one that goes forward and backward" or "vertigo"

Or Face/Off :)

• Like 5

As Don said "wait till April 20th to see the AZ Changes", do you think Congo Falls Could get a Re-theme to fit in with the dark theme?

renaissance falls! Make the station a castle!

I would think more like Rhine Rapids or something to a river in Europe, but good idea on that premise.

I wonder if KI will release a retheme or not. Maybe just work on it a little like removing sings and stuff but then start removing Paramount themed stuff and ideas and see if people (who aren't KICentral members) catch on. Maybe have a really big reveal on Banshee media day or on opening day.