Action Zone Re-theming for 2014

Kat

Just some hypothesi here for the circle:

-Tombstones

-Attraction

-"Monolithic Structure(s)", some sort of Stone Henge

-Water feature

-Nothing

These are just a few things I see that could have lean-way with the circle, I'm not saying that any could happen,(I lean more with Crypt on the fact that I don't see an attraction being placed, and that we will probably only see minor details), but just pointing out the ideas and the facts behind them.

• Like 2

Yes, it is a coincidence. There's no way that putting a Flying Scooters in the center of Action Zone is feasible. The amount of congestion it would cause is huge, plus there would be no room for a queue line.

There's no way that putting a Magic Carpet ride in the center of Adventureland is feasible. The amount of congestion it would cause is huge, plus there would be no room for a queue line.

TDndEsr.jpg

Just saying...

Looks like mesh or netting on that pathway

LtBtk4y.jpg
  • Like 8

I still don't think they'd put a small flat where the circle is but it could fit. The one difference between the flying carpets at Disney and the circle area is that around the carpets there is no other things to draw a line into that area, where as the Ice Cream Zone is right there so it would cause more congestion, but they could route the people for it to the side more. Not sure how busy that gets either.

Would be a cool to have another ride there but I think a new symbol for the area like a Stonehenge type structure or something would be really cool too.

• Like 2

I still don't think they'd put a small flat where the circle is but it could fit. The one difference between the flying carpets at Disney and the circle area is that around the carpets there is no other things to draw a line into that area, where as the Ice Cream Zone is right there so it would cause more congestion, but they could route the people for it to the side more. Not sure how busy that gets either.

Would be a cool to have another ride there but I think a new symbol for the area like a Stonehenge type structure or something would be really cool too.

Oh, I don't think they will either. Flying Carpets wrecked that area of the park, so I'd really prefer to not see a repeat of it.
  • Like 1

Wow, I feel stupid. I have not even looked for any kind of "stone circle" structures that the Celts have made in the past. Ironically, there is one that stands out the most to me about the AZ circle: http://www.stonepages.com/ireland/ireland.html Dooncarton looks similar to our circle, and if they do not go fully with the "stone circle" idea, they can easily add another Celtic structure: http://www.stonepages.com/ireland/ireland.html Dolmen looks similar to the center "footer", due to the rectangular feature.

What we could see if we get such an installation. We could see tall stones, in the positions the footers are at, which could exhibit some sort of light fixture(s) on the sides or top. This could easily add to the theme of the new "region" of Kings Island, and bring a more foreboding feeling to go to the Banshee/Bat queues.

I don't see a flat ride going in the circle. I mean, Cedar Fair announced Lake Eerie Eagles for CP last fall, I doubt they would stick a flat in that circle at KI without having announced it already.

Having said that, I fully expect some type of theming there, or else why would they even bother tearing up the target-thingy?

Having said that, I fully expect some type of theming there, or else why would they even bother tearing up the target-thingy?

It was a target for speculation, and still is.

If, you know what I mean.

• Like 1

Looks like our favorite decoding thread got closed prematurely...

It got closed for a reason, and a good reason at that.

I despised that decoding thing, and none of it shall I par take in any more, for that is just ridiculous.

Looks like our favorite decoding thread got closed prematurely...

It got closed for a reason, and a good reason at that.

I despised that decoding thing, and none of it shall I par take in any more, for that is just ridiculous.

The way you talk is ridiculous

• Like 13