Action Zone Re-theming for 2014

Kat

Yea I only have slight memories of it from when I was a kid. I remember going on the monorail but I really don't recall anything about it, except that it got really hot inside them. But the area looks fantastic and wish there was still something like it around.

That's funny, because I too have a fuzzy memory of the monorail, but the one thing that sticks out to me is that it was cool and air-conditioned inside them and gave us a nice break from the hot, humid summer weather. So one of us is mis-remembering things. I'll admit it could very well be me.

• Like 1

Since it seems like the new "theme" of Action Zone is to bring back things from the "dead" (SoB's former spot, The Bat), I think adding some animatronic zoo animals to the wooded area around The Bat, Banshee, and Adventure Express would be nifty...

• Like 6

Ladies and gentlemen I believe I now know the answer to why we saw the weird markings on the path in front of Sling Shot. They have changed it from an asphalt surface to concrete. I could be wrong but at least this is what it appears to be at the moment. Here's a picture of the Banshee webcam at 4:30 today:

12863745824_c21a11e0cf_c.jpg

(www.visitkingsisland.com/online-fun/webcams)

Also the circle in the center of Action Zone has changed slightly as well. It no longer looks like it has three flower beds but instead has a large grey looking rectangle spanning across it. I wonder what its for.

Also its hard to see now but earlier it looked like they were placing fences around the other concrete slab portions of Banshee. Can't really tell now though because of all the shadows in the image.

• Like 5

Also the circle in the center of Action Zone has changed slightly as well. It no longer looks like it has three flower beds but instead has a large grey looking rectangle spanning across it. I wonder what its for.

The grey rectangle is a tarp. Just before 3:30 Friday, it was rolled and spread over something, most likely fresh work that they wanted to keep dry over the weekend.

• Like 3

The local cats and dogs can help make it more colorful.

Just don't eat the yellow snow kids.

It's not nature's lemonade flavor Slush Puppie.

• Like 7

Awww....cute video! Reminded me of my cat. I named him Boo because he liked to jump out and scare me. At Christmas, he used to lay on the tree skirt and look up into the tree....he would poke at the lower ornaments but never climbed the tree...he died of a heart attack right in front of me one night four years ago....

Sure do miss him....

• Like 6

I had a cat when I was a child that climbed into the Christmas tree and knocked it over. It broke all but two ornaments. The tree was filled with ceramic ornaments that my grandma made in her ceramic shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I agree Jcgoble... I am so ready for warmer weather! B) Saturday's weather (in the 40's/50's) was great; I just wish it would have stuck around...

Just remember : No Camping

• Like 7