Action Zone Re-theming for 2014

Kat

I personally would hate that. That would look really stupid in my eyes...

It'd look like an old dirt road, which would thematically fit into Rivertown perfectly. Similar to how Frontierland is done at Magic Kingdom.

Not that I'd ever expect Kings Island to be on the same level as Disney, but an incredibly interesting read on Disney's varied use of pavements through-out their parks: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2012/01/pounding_the_pavement_at_walt_1.html

• Like 5

^ How can simple pavers be "thematically appropriate"?

I'd settle for different colors. Red brick in Coney, stamped concrete that looks like planks of wood in Rivertown (I think they used this at Knott's in their old west area?), etc. Look at how Animal Kingdom uses the pavement to reinforce the theme.

• Like 7

That's funny, I was just thinking about that yesterday. I think they did a great job with Diamondback - especially how they incorporated/breathed new life into the "old house" that you exit through. I actually think it goes fairly well with whatever theme they are going for in RT. However, it has just always felt so out of place to me. It just doesn't seem like a roller coaster should be there.

• Like 5

D-Back takes the cake for largest attraction in the park, and the focal point of the walkway. The other sights one may see are as follows "big box -o-FUN", "Western Arcade -o- FUN", "Larosa's", Beast, and as well, a few logs with a restroom.

BB1, still waiting on the Action Zone Re-theming to happen.

• Like 3

Indeed, a problem plaguing the entire park. I wonder why something with so simple a fix is not addressed. It must not be considered a problem by the decision makers. I guess I answered my own question.

Because the key demographic of people that like that music are their main customers; teenagers

• Like 4

Indeed, a problem plaguing the entire park. I wonder why something with so simple a fix is not addressed. It must not be considered a problem by the decision makers. I guess I answered my own question. 

Because the key demographic of people that like that music are their main customers; teenagers
As a teenager, I'm going to let you know that even we think the music is awful. We can hear that garbage on the car ride, what we really want is the themed music.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 14

As a teenager, I'm going to let you know that even we think the music is awful. We can hear that garbage on the car ride, what we really want is the themed music.

I must agree. As I am also a teenager, I don't like waiting in line for Diamondback while listening to Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus.

• Like 15

I must agree. As I am also a teenager, I don't like waiting in line for Diamondback while listening to Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus.

You two are not necessarily reflective of the majority of teenagers though. I'm barely into my twenties, so Lady Gaga and the like definitely existed when I was a teenager. And unlike you two, I personally enjoyed their music. It may not be the best quality or what-not, but it's catchy and entertaining.

That's not to say I personally wouldn't want themed music though.

• Like 2

I think they should change the whole park to a Solar panel ground (except line queue's) .

Reasons why:

1. Would allow their electric bill to drop quite a bit

2. Bring an egg day, where you can cook an egg on the panels

3. Would lower the amount of time people would stand in one spot, except lines.
4. Grills would need minimal usage. same with fryers, pour some oil on the panel and then their ya go! Then could cut back on food costs, or increase to pay for solar panels.

Reasons not to:

1.Shoes may melt to panel.

2.Everyone might be trying to bring and egg with them, every day.

Please note: I'm just having a little bit of fun. if requested I can change my said post to something on a more serious note.

• Like 3

I am a teenager as well. Most of the music played around the park is awful. Sometimes when I'm in line for Diamondback or any other ride, if it's a long line, I put on my headphones and listen to music I actually like.

• Like 3

I personally would hate that. That would look really stupid in my eyes...

I think if they did something similar to what Disney World did for their Storybook Circus section it could look good. The ground there looks great and it is sort of a brownish concrete with animal foot/hoof prints in it and peanuts embedded intot eh ground.

• Like 2

Most, if not all of the music played are what I know as "Mainstream", put in some indie! One major genre I want Kings Island to bring back is the 80's genre. So many great songs that many grew up with, and the modern day "teenager" would probably like some of the music from that era.

BB1, Safe and Sound in the Land Down Under.

• Like 4

In 2012 they played "The Reflex" by Duran Duran. I only remember this because I thoroughly embarrassed my daughter acting like her over One Direction while we were walking with a boy she liked and his family.

A lot of people like '80's music though. It would be cool to incorporate even old school 50's all the way to today's music. I sure paying for the licensing to play music is expensive. I would rather have them invest in more rides than the music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It would be cool to incorporate even old school 50's all the way to today's music. I sure paying for the licensing to play music is expensive. I would rather have them invest in more rides than the music.

I remember quite distinctly, in either 2008 or 2009 the Boomerang Bay soundtrack had an obscene amount of Beach Boys songs. I can't quite remember what percentage of the soundtrack was music by the Beach Boys, but at the time I thought it was around 15%. (I haven't been back to the waterpark very much since then, so I can't attest to whether that percentage has changed significantly in the past five years.)

But I digress. Yes, I do like the incorporation of many different decades of music. After all, it made me remember the otherwise unmemorable waterpark soundtrack.

• Like 5