Action Zone Re-theming for 2014

Kat

I agree Devarious, but sometimes its fun to spin the pot and see what shakes out. I really do wish for a sarcasm font..

Also, how funny would it be if they just changed the name of areas to symbols. "well lets all head over to, the fish with legs area and then maybe we can hit up the stick with 4 branches area afterwards."

• Like 5

(in response to Tuskin's "live action" post)

Did someone say "live action"? Better call the Turtle Man to investigate The Bat problem in Action Zone! :P

EDIT/NOTE: The Bat was automatically capitalized; but in this sentence, it was intended to be left un-capitalized (as in, "The Bat" I'm talking about is not necessarily referring to the ride, but the animal)

• Like 4

The weird mesh-y stuff that sikkinixx99 pointed out earlier, and someone (I don't remember who) suggested that maybe it was the tree shadows, due to them being visible in the afternoon, but not the morning, is back. This is from approximately 0950 today. I can still see them.

Edit: Added "is back" because my mom decided to talk to me.

e9arequz.jpg

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well looks like its just going to be good old concrete laid back down on that path. Also Tuskin has really hit it on the head of the nail!! "Purple Rain" is going to be the best section of the park!! That explains the purple laser light show that is going in the circle!! Going to be a great season!! :P

• Like 2

I do think they should clear some trees to give better views to The Bat. Draw people to that area. Also having a sign that is closer would help as well. Like a sign near Delirium.

I am not so much a tree huger type of person, but please don't take any trees out of KI that don't need to be. The big amount of trees and nature is one of the things I love about KI!

• Like 11

I disagree with them needing to remove trees for better views of the rides. The trees at the park are on of the best aspects of it. The wooded closed in nature gives it a very different feel. Just imagine how The Beast would be if the woods were all cleared away just so people could see the ride better from the midway, it would lose a large portion of its appeal and charm. I'm all for adding more trees where possible.

• Like 13

Yes, leave the trees please. I love when trees surround and enclose the rides. It definitely has a different feel to it. Trees are one of my main theming items when I play Roller Coaster Tycoon. I love to place different kind of trees around the rides to create unique areas of the park. Kings Island has that going on, let's not mess it up.

• Like 11

I thought Paramount trademarked the name Action Zone. Seems like, if I remember correctly, the Action Zone sign had the trademark symbol in the lower right and was taken down prior to the park being set up for sale. Does Paramount still own the rights to the name?

• Like 1

^ Trademarks (and other property) that belonged to Paramount Parks are now owned by Cedar Fair or a subsidiary. ("The Beast", "Kings Island", etc) Trademarks that belonged to Paramount Pictures or other Viacom/CBS subsidiaries ("Top Gun", "The Italian Job", "Face/Off", "Tomb Raider", "Star Trek") do not.

I don't believe that Action Zone was a registered trademark, though it certainly was (and is) a trademark. Paramount's Kings Island stylized the area with a trademark symbol, as "Paramount Action Zoneâ„¢".

• Like 2

Did anybody else see this? This image was from about 10:30 this morning. Theyve extended tearing up the concrete to the entrance of On-Point. Also i noticed the creases on the asphalt at the bottom of the webcam (not pictured here) were only apparent when i checked in the afternoon. Any chance these could just be the shadows of trees?

I believe you mean On Location.

What if.... From Delerium to Invertigo is labeled Action Zone, but from Banshee on back is labeled as just a symbol AKA "The part of the park formerly known as part of Action Zone and Wild Animal Kingdom."

The area was never known as Wild Animal Kingdom. It's been Lion Country Safari, Wild Animal Habitat, Adventure Village, and Action Zone. Here's an interesting spotlight of the whole area: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/23540-lion-country-safari-spotlight/

EDIT/NOTE: The Bat was automatically capitalized; but in this sentence, it was intended to be left un-capitalized (as in, "The Bat" I'm talking about is not necessarily referring to the ride, but the animal)

Which is a silly filter / autocorrect feature to have on the website. I could be talking about about a baseball bat factory where I bought a bat, versus Kings Island's suspended roller coaster. It also reminds me of a certain website which obnoxiously changes "Full Throttle" to "YOLOcoaster" and "lockers" to "fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo".

I thought Paramount trademarked the name Action Zone. Seems like, if I remember correctly, the Action Zone sign had the trademark symbol in the lower right and was taken down prior to the park being set up for sale. Does Paramount still own the rights to the name?

Based off the 2001 photo posted below, it didn't have any trademark symbols. I recall hearing it was removed because it was slowly falling into a state of disrepair, and it was easier to demolish than repair. The big target was in the boneyard near Soak City for several years though. Based off sites like Google Maps though, it appears to have been removed from there sometime around 2010 or 2011.

KURS8VZ.jpg

• Like 4

Which is a silly filter / autocorrect feature to have on the website. I could be talking about about a baseball bat factory where I bought a bat, versus Kings Island's suspended roller coaster. It also reminds me of a certain website which obnoxiously changes "Full Throttle" to "YOLOcoaster" and "lockers" to "fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo".

You can talk about a bat all you want and the filter will do nothing, but when you start discussing The Bat, it auto-capitalizes it.

^That picture reminds me of a question I have always wondered. What was that small gray building that is seen just to the right of the sign used for?

^^ It was originally used for 2004's short-lived Xtended Play.

It may have been used for Xtended Play, but it wasn't built for that: the stand was for the Action Zone stunt show that premiered, and was quietly discontinued, in 1999.

You can talk about a bat all you want and the filter will do nothing, but when you start discussing The Bat, it auto-capitalizes it.

I went to The Bat factory and bought a bat. The Bat I bought was wooden. My friend said The Bat would be great to use in games.

When I typed that sentence, it was grammatically correct. Now it's a mess of unnecessary, confusing capitalization.

Edit - And sure, members of a Kings Island fansite will be discussing the park's suspended roller coaster far more than a baseball bat factory. But the autocorrect can cause problems elsewhere. For example, what if I was referencing The Bat on The Bat's logo? Or The Bat on any Bat merchandise?

• Like 1

The area was never known as Wild Animal Kingdom. It's been Lion Country Safari, Wild Animal Habitat, Adventure Village, and Action Zone. Here's an interesting spotlight of the whole area: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/23540-lion-country-safari-spotlight/

Thank you SO MUCH for posting that link! What a great read! The content in that thread is phenomenal! I really wish that area would have stuck around for just a few more years. I remember it vaguely as a kid, but I would have a much greater appreciation for an attraction like that at an older age.

• Like 4