Action Zone Re-theming for 2014

Kat

There seems to be a bit of an elitist attitude amongst these forumns that only pass holding enthusiasts will notice changes such as repaints in stations and tidying up. I have to disagree. Sure if they have never been there before they won't know better but they still will think it looks nice as opposed to seeing it as tacky if left unchanged. Casual park goers will certainly pick up on at least a few changes made though, they are not all dumb. Obviously the more you go the more you will notice but for someone such as myself that only has gone once a year lately it is not hard to spot changes.

• Like 7

There seems to be a bit of an elitist attitude amongst these forumns that only pass holding enthusiasts will notice changes such as repaints in stations and tidying up. I have to disagree. Sure if they have never been there before they won't know better but they still will think it looks nice as opposed to seeing it as tacky if left unchanged. Casual park goers will certainly pick up on at least a few changes made though, they are not all dumb. Obviously the more you go the more you will notice but for someone such as myself that only has gone once a year lately it is not hard to spot changes.

elitist? Only intamin fans can say they are within the elite... As preached from a man that once said, you mad bro?

I still think Paramount Parks built Italian Job coasters because they had Batman: The Ride envy. Tim Fisher, former KI GM, often remarked how the average Batman: The Ride quene looked like a ghetto junkyard gone wrong. Then darn if PP didn't emulate that mess. (Ironically, Flags has since greatly cleaned out most of the messes at their Batman rides).

Note Carowinds, to whence Fisher went (taking the Eagles with him), never got that atrocity.

Now Fisher, BMWs, the Eagles and Paramount Parks are long gone, but the junk remains.

That's a ride that desperately needs a retheme. Why a backlot? KI ain't no movie studio BACKLOT and film doesn't spring to mind when one thinks of Cinci.

• Like 7

^ Antique Cars: The Fast and The Furious.

Since we're bringing back names of old KI rides, I thought that would do the trick. Even theme it like the antique cars, but keep the police cars in there and make the cars bust out of an old KI postcard.

Not a bad idea.

I love the actual coaster; especially since it has a pause & second launch; but the theme has always seemed lame. The idea of Antique Cars is absolutely cracking me up! Seeing some Model T shells flying around that curving track wouls be hilarious. (that flame DOES feel fantastic come cooler weather, however!)

• Like 8

I agree I enjoy teh coaster a lot as well. But it could stand to get a new theme, but as it stands right now it is kind of all by itself a bit so it doesn't stand out. It's seperated from Coney Mall by the Malt Shop and basketball game, and then there's the path to Rivertown from it that seperates it there so it is fine as nice but it could look nicer too.

i definitely don't want to lose it to another park. I think it makes for ag reat high thrill family ride and a good transition coaster for someone wanting to moe up to something more thrilling but afraid to tackle the heights that others like Vortex and Diamondback present. It isn't very intimidating to look at but it can pack quite a punch on it, especailly the inital launch and helix.

• Like 4

Scream zone? creep country? horror/haunted hollow? just a few names i thought of. if they re-theme Action Zone, IF, it definitely wont be by next year but i could see Drop Tower being named demon drop or i thought hellfall sounded cool. Xtreme Skyflyer named noose or hangman , pendulum works for Delirium whoever said that, and Invertigo... hmmmmm maybe spectre or jack knife? and congo falls... perhaps fear river, dead man falls, or blood falls?

posted this on The Bat flies again thread then found this thread. oooops.

I love the actual coaster; especially since it has a pause & second launch; but the theme has always seemed lame. The idea of Antique Cars is absolutely cracking me up! Seeing some Model T shells flying around that curving track wouls be hilarious. (that flame DOES feel fantastic come cooler weather, however!)

and they could play this on the on board sound system.....especially the second half.

• Like 1

What was the building used for Slaughter House built for? I see it as a haunted attraction for years but what was it built for originally? Starting to see more buildings being used for haunt and nothing else. Could be a great place for arcade or a Chaos Room type setting. Xbox on 200 inch screens etc. Low dollar investment but another air conditioned hid out between rides.

They still could of kept the eagles, they had enough room with some manipulation of the queue line. But nooooooo they had to put in stupid basketball. Like we needed another basketball game......they could of at least put the basketball game in another location if they had to have basketball.

• Like 2

IMPORTED FROM The Bat RETHEME THREAD.

I'd lobby for something simple and eerie like "The Woods." It would require lots of concrete torn up and lots of trees planted, but Alton Towers did it when they turned Ug Land in the Dark Forest for Thirteen.

What's more, they did some very simple things (besides planting LOTS of trees) to make it happen. Rita: Queen of Speed is an Intamin launched coaster with roughly the same theme as Top Thrill. To become part of the Dark Forest, they dulled the paint colors and put creeping vines across the "racing" station and renamed it simply "Rita." Then the race car trains were re-themed as old antique cars.

Something just as simple as gloomy paint and a few creeping vines would bring Invertigo into the Woods very easily.

The Station:

bv442n300098s2ckaci1er.jpg

6gs000iho4p8kp68sd85e6.jpg

The Trains:

8s7sc00355g9ih9ic5uh0a.jpg

178d0j52j4grfhgloo002a.jpg

The Entrance:

265877304_bd81f72233_z.jpg?zz=1

4449935203_6ae58e08af_z.jpg

So by just amplifying the greenery, dulling paint colors, and having vines crawl across existing shops, they turned a generic area land into Dark Forest. It's just that easy!

And wouldn't you know, The Woods would make a great home for a new dark ride... (Or in my dreams, a Verbolten or DarKastle.)

• Like 9

Kings Island did not want to lose the Eagles. The Carowinds GM wanted them (he was coming from KI). And, in those days, what Tim Fisher wanted, Tim Fisher got.

Stayed that way until Cedar Fair bought Paramount Parks and Mr. Kinzel decided the company wasn't big enough for both of them.

Then, Dick Kinzel's son was determined to be the best candidate in the whole wide world to lead the park Tim Fisher had. Imagine that.

• Like 5

What was the building used for Slaughter House built for? I see it as a haunted attraction for years but what was it built for originally? Starting to see more buildings being used for haunt and nothing else. Could be a great place for arcade or a Chaos Room type setting. Xbox on 200 inch screens etc. Low dollar investment but another air conditioned hid out between rides.

It's actually Stunt Grill during the summer months. In my opinion, it will probably see a lot of business next year with the opening of Banshee.

• Like 1

It's actually Stunt Grill during the summer months. In my opinion, it will probably see a lot of business next year with the opening of Banshee.

Thankfully, the park just got an executive chef, so hopefully, Stunt Crew's food improves greatly. Of course, assuming it still retains its title next season.

• Like 4