What was your Last ride?

fanofFirehawk

I was at the last Beast ride, which of course I was greeted by the whole group. I left rather quickly though, if you missed BB1, you missed missed the highlight of the night.

. Shame on me for not realizing the greatness when you were in our presence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I was there, but I never found the KIC group until after closing...I probably should've tried a little harder to locate you; I couldn't let go of that thought when we were at Taco Bell!

You were with your grandma right?! You would have had fun with the group had you been around us. :) glad you came to Taco Bell though.

• Like 3

^ I was texting our location to the number I had for you (presumably your mom's number?), but I guess you didn't get the messages.

I stayed with the group most of the day, though I separated for about 30 minutes to walk onto some rides by myself. Hanging out with a group of Kings Island's biggest fans is a great way to experience the park.

• Like 6

LoraX, she was not my grandma; she was my mom. :)

And yes, I probably would've had a little more fun if I had found the group earlier, like on Closing Day last year.

I am sorry. I thought she said she was your grandma. She is very sweet. I think she would have enjoyed the group, too.

• Like 1

Mother-daughter time is not to be sneezed at. I know I fondly treasure the time I spent with my parents, in parks and elsewhere.

I think this is so true. My parents were not fond of amusement parks, but I cherish the things we did together. There is nothing like looking back and remembering times when you were with your parents.

• Like 3

if you missed BB1, you missed missed the highlight of the night.

Nope, they still got to ride The Beast, so I think they were just fine.

Shhhh, they need not know of the true power of The Beast....

To be quite frank, my highlight was probably my first ride of the day on Flight of Fear, and meeting KIC members.

I was on what was supposed to be Vortex's last train of the year, but they didn't block off the queue in time so there were a few people that had gotten in line after the gates had closed. So my ride ended up being the second to last train of the season for the 2nd Closing Day in a row!

In a way, I was still on Vortex's "last" train of the year...before/at 7:00pm.....

Yea as i was pulling into the station on train behind u i heard them say final train....only to say the same thing to the next train. Yea someone had opened the shortcut gate

• Like 2

Please define "next weekend."

Terp, whose ears perked up...

"Next weekend" is now this weekend. The Gator family will be enjoying Smoky Mountain Christmas on November 9th. We've already planned out what shows we want to see; we can't wait for the new A Christmas Carol! It sounds like a worthy successor to Babes in Toyland, which the ice show the past two years was not. When we go to Smoky Mountain Christmas, the shows and atmosphere are the main draw for us that time of year, and we squeeze in the rides in between!

• Like 3