The Bat flies again at Kings Island

Guest KingsIslandPR

This is awesome news! The colors are going to look great, I think the orange will really pop. What a great way to pay homage to the park's history, tie the area together, and give some TLC to a great ride, while getting rid of the worst ride name in the park! I wonder if any other rides in Action Zone are due for a name change... or even the whole area itself??

Love this change, can't to ride The Bat next year!

• Like 1

I am unbelievably happy about this right now. I read this on FB from the Great Ohio Coaster Club and I was smiling so hard!

I really do feel like this coaster deserves some love and affection. It may not be the longest or even the most thrilling coaster, but it IS a solid ride and it is definitely a ton of fun. I feel like now it will truly get a little more appreciation from the GP and even we as enthusiasts. I can't wait to see what they do to it!

Now The Bat and Banshee can be flying buddies in style!

• Like 4

I'm just happy FD is now The Bat...that means they wanna keep this ride around a few good more years.

And just to think for the past 5-10 years everyones been wanting it torn down...

:)

Not everyone.

Not even close.

Somewhere, for instance, a TopGun1993 is doubtlessly ecstatic.

Not to mention O'Terpy.

Happy Terpy...

• Like 24

I wouldn't go that far...Typically first year the ride runs is the best year for merchandise sales, plus I think this is just a big..hey look over here, we're awesome kinda update which is totally warranted.

I do say though, which logo is better? The new bat logo, or the Banshee logo? CF is really getting good the past two years with ideas, very proud of them and what they've been doing. I have to say I'm glad Invertigo got a repaint, that red/yellow with an orange/black probably would have looked weird. I wonder if all of that and now this was in that five year plan :D

• Like 5

Can I have the old Flight Deck sign that was taken down please? :D

We'll have to fight over it though, shall we have a flying contest? :D

I'm one of those people Terp was talking about, but I am happy and sad about this. First the sad: I will definitely miss the theme. I love Top Gun and I love fighter planes, so if you take it out then I will be sad, BB1, always loosing something it seems. Happy: I'm glad to get The Bat back, it is a excellent coaster name! I'm glad it is finally getting some tlc recognition for the greatest fall ride period. Although I am interested on how the lower part of the station will play out, The Bat cave should be interesting!

• Like 4

Well...I have been flying...I am of sorts trained to go on flying missions BB1 ;)

Second, again everyone go check out the holiday party thing..now y'all can get a view of everything this off season so far is presenting. If I can get 10 rooms booked we get a group rate that makes it pretty cheap and can enjoy a water park all day and envy our park right next door ;)

Trying to make a great holiday party a reality peeps, get involved :)

• Like 2

So who's still going to call it Top Gun?

I love this! It took me by total surprise. KI should section off that area of Action Zone like X-Base is with Coney Mall and rename it something scary!

"something scary" would be an awfully odd name..

Yeah...I know. It wouldn't even be capitalized! That bad grammar would bother me to death!

• Like 2

Just thought of this.. I wonder how many people will mistake the current Bat for having been debuted in 1981; thinking it was changed to top gun, then to flight deck, and then back to The Bat..

Rather than the actual sequence of events.

I was waiting to see how long it took for somebody to bring this up.

I think this is a valid concern, given that there are still members of the general public out there that think that people died on the original Bat.

• Like 4