The Bat flies again at Kings Island

Guest KingsIslandPR

Good grief! They rename and repaint one ride, and you guys want them to start constructing buildings and castles around other rides? This isn't Islands Of Adventure! :)

This color scheme is amazing, but, as a Longhorn fan, I'm kind of biased.

It's OK, as a Packers fan, I'm yet to find a coaster with the perfect color scheme. How I long for King Cobra, with its beautiful, beautiful colors.

KI needs a green coaster. We have had two of them in the past, and one is now ugly and the other gone. Green is so underloved. I believe Raptor and Phantom's Revenge are the only coasters I've ridden in my favorite color :(

• Like 2

I am prb one of the few that doesnt this. The Bat was retired, the intro video for Banshee shows its tombstone along with SOB, King Cobra ect. While they are at it, lets rename Vortex to King Cobra or Invertigo to Screaming Demon. I love the idea of renaming "Flight Deck", just not to a ride KI already had. IMO of course

• Like 2

I have to say that people commenting on KI's Facebook announcement are not the brightest group. I saw one ask if Vortex's station will be used and another asked if the ride will be reworked to be longer.

I don't want to judge people but wow.

• Like 6

I am prb one of the few that doesnt this. The Bat was retired, the intro video for Banshee shows its tombstone along with SOB, King Cobra ect. While they are at it, lets rename Vortex to King Cobra or Invertigo to Screaming Demon. I love the idea of renaming "Flight Deck", just not to a ride KI already had. IMO of course

Welcome to the BB1 club, the club for fans of past attractions. Do you want your honorary cookie?

• Like 1

I have to say that people commenting on KI's Facebook announcement are not the brightest group. I saw one ask if Vortex's station will be used and another asked if the ride will be reworked to be longer.

I don't want to judge people but wow.

Perhaps they expect long wait times.

Sometimes I people think life is like the Rav 4 Genie commercial. "Poof" longer ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what The Bat will look like next April next to Banshee!
10566570183_7e91334316.jpg
TheBat by Diamondbacker, on Flickr

Bad Photoshop, sorry. Props to 2012Jarrett for that nice redesign.

Worked better than mine! I got all sorts of colors I didn't know existed popping up on the trains when I tried to replace color the track, so I just did it to the supports and painted the track.

I'd like to see a nice big chrome Bat logo on the front car and the previously mentioned bell tower theming on the station.

I never got why this ride wasn't a flagship for this park but Firehawk was. This thing KILLS Firehawk in every respect and I see no reason why the t-shirts that have the park's flagships sometimes have Diamondback, The Beast, sometimes Vortex, now Banshee, but Firehawk instead of Flight Deck. I think this could bring back some popularity for the ride next season.

And I REALLY wish Kings Island would update their website. Even a bad Photoshop like the Gatekeeper/Bat one would be nice on the front page.

• Like 5

This is what The Bat will look like next April next to Banshee!

Posted Image

TheBat by Diamondbacker, on Flickr

Bad Photoshop, sorry. Props to 2012Jarrett for that nice redesign.

Worked better than mine! I got all sorts of colors I didn't know existed popping up on the trains when I tried to replace color the track, so I just did it to the supports and painted the track.

I'd like to see a nice big chrome Bat logo on the front car and the previously mentioned bell tower theming on the station.

I never got why this ride wasn't a flagship for this park but Firehawk was. This thing KILLS Firehawk in every respect and I see no reason why the t-shirts that have the park's flagships sometimes have Diamondback, The Beast, sometimes Vortex, now Banshee, but Firehawk instead of Flight Deck. I think this could bring back some popularity for the ride next season.

And I REALLY wish Kings Island would update their website. Even a bad Photoshop like the Gatekeeper/Bat one would be nice on the front page.

Why would Kings Island have the Gate Keeper on its front page?

• Like 1

Why would Kings Island have the Gate Keeper on its front page?

About a week before the Banshee announcement, KI "tested" the layout of the Banshee page on the live internet, using the new Bat logo that accompanied today's announcement and a photoshopped picture of Gatekeeper in an attempt to deceive us into believing that we were getting a wing coaster called The Bat, rather than the popular belief of an invert named Banshee (which obviously turned out to be correct). The fake page was live for about half an hour before being taken down, and succeeded in confusing a lot of people on here who were previously certain of what the new ride was going to be.

• Like 2

Bravo.

I'm going to go out on a limb and project that the whole Action Zone area is up for a redesign for 2014.... sort of like "all things creepy" with some of the Haunt things being year-round. Just a guess.

I agree with some of the posts here; The Bat logo's from 1980 were pretty good- would like to see the old bat heads as well...

Good move KI.

• Like 4

Or they could subtly imply a relationship to the River Styx by calling it "Boat on a River". But my Crystal Ball informed me that to expect that is just a Grand Illusion. And to expect them to change that ride too after just changing The Bat, you're just Fooling Yourself, and if it doesn't happen, you won't be having The Best of Times.

And I think this post has established that I have Too Much Time on my Hands.

Well played, sir.

• Like 2

Well, better late than never:

This is cool. And in a sense, ironic...The Bat was the first-ever Arrow Dynamics suspended coaster (it wasn't the first ever as there are records of suspended coasters under the track as far back as 1902!) and the coaster formerly known as TOP GUN/Flight Deck was the last one they ever built. Now, they have the same name.

Hmm...random thought here...
Alpha: "The First"
Omega: "The Last"

So, this is technically "Bat Omega" and the original Bat would be "Bat Alpha"... :P

• Like 2

I'm really excited about this. I think it will bring new life to an already great ride. I am so excited to ride it again with an all new look. :-)

Just a thought .... what does everyone think about new names for Adventure Express, maybe Son of Beast :-). I think SOB fans would really like that !

I'm a SOB fan and my answer is a big no! Plus they aren't even the same type of coasters.

I'm really excited about this. I think it will bring new life to an already great ride. I am so excited to ride it again with an all new look. :-)

Just a thought .... what does everyone think about new names for Adventure Express, maybe Son of Beast :-). I think SOB fans would really like that !

Not just no, but hell no. It's WAY too soon for another Beast-related name. There are too many rumors surrounding SOB for that name to be reused for a long, long time. I'm not even sure that 30 years is long enough to wait before reusing The Bat.

• Like 2

I'm a SOB fan and my answer is a big no! Plus they aren't even the same type of coasters.

I agree with you in that respect - was just thinking out loud kinda, it would be nice to keep the name alive, do you agree with that?