The Bat flies again at Kings Island

Guest KingsIslandPR

11. Thou shalt not mess with Adventure Express

... if thou art knott restoring (and optionally expanding) broken effects and theming.

I'm really glad that The Bat/Flight Deck/Top Gun is getting positive attention, a new (old) name, and a much-needed refresh. Very good to know that it's not leaving any time soon.

But I still think I'm going to have a hard time calling it "The Bat".

• Like 10

I'm very happy to see this announcement. I was really hoping this would happen after the logo was leaked out with the fake webpage. I love the new Bat logo and the ride has needed a little attention with new paint and such. Plus The Bat theme fits well for teh ride adn location and with having Banshee by it it gives the spot back there a bit of a dark forest mini land ala X-Base.

• Like 2

Okay so, we have done pretty well a decoding a lot more of 2014 than I think any of us bargained for.

First Banshee

Now The Bat

But really intrigues me is what will come along with these awesome additions (yes I know The Bat really isn't an addition...) I hope for some generic face lift of the area and these announcements have defiantly supported that. I suspect that we will receive an X-base like subsection for Banshee and The Bat as of right now, there hasn't been to many hints of anything else getting a rename or theme. But really only the few up top know.

For the last couple of weeks ( believe it began late september ) we noticed something underneath Flight Deck ( I'm going to probably switch back and forth a lot), they area under the station was being taken apart. Completely. now there are only cross beams going back and forth. So with this coming of 2014 I am contemplating what all we will really see. So we know for sure that we will be getting an all new inverted coaster named Banshee, Flight Deck will get repainted and renamed to The Bat. But what else can we expect? Xtreme Sky flying new name or could the entrance be moved towards Drop Tower? The bath rooms will they stay the ugly yellow and the Action Zoney look? I can not wait to come back in 2014 and get to experience the new realm we are getting. I'm going back and forth to look frantically at all of the media coverage of the new rides, and midways and see all the awesomeness or should I wait to experience it as a surprise myself.

• Like 7

Really happy and excited about the name change. Can't wait to see the trains and the repainted ride.

Still excited to hear what is going on under the station, even if it is just a fastlane queue. Seems pointless to rip out the old queue if nothing is going to replace it.

• Like 2

I rode the original Bat and now come next year I will ride a coaster that has went through 3 names/themes coming full circle back to The Bat. Not sure how I feel about that but I do like the new logo and the idea of sprucing up the area just not liking the use of a previous coasters name.

"Revenge of The Bat"......maybe.

Oh well, I'll take the good with the bad.

If they subsection that part of Action Zone, I could see a creepy castle wall with vines and the like and arches to walk through built to cut it off from Action Zone. Maybe call it "Fear Zone?"

Sky flyer has that nice shack-y ticket building that could fit perfectly into the area. Frightfall would be a nice play on words for it. And painting those bathrooms should be nothing but a quick repaint.

• Like 9

I would have swarn they were all working on closing day?

I honestly do not ever recall all of them working at any one time. I know that it seems like more worked this year than last year, but lights were out in the eyes on many and the lights that are shining on them.

• Like 1

there hasn't been to many hints of anything else getting a rename or theme.

I believe that if Drop Zone, Congo falls, or Invertigo were to be renamed or rethemed, they wouldn't need as much work done as The Bat because they basically just need their names changed (Invertigo needs a new sign any way so it's like two birds/one stone.)

I would have swarn they were all working on closing day?

I honestly do not ever recall all of them working at any one time. I know that it seems like more worked this year than last year, but lights were out in the eyes on many and the lights that are shining on them.

They had their ups-and-downs through-out the season, but there were definitely points where all of them operated properly.