The Bat flies again at Kings Island

Guest KingsIslandPR

You may have me there...

But while Vortex IS my favorite, there are actually couple other Arrows that beat out The Bat. Namely, Maggie and sometimes Adventure Express, depending on my mood.

Maggie? Magnum XL?

• Like 1

I thought it was Magnum XL-200 but couldn't remember if it was 200 or 2000 and didn't feel like looking it up lol. I had never heard it called Maggie before.

I knew Millennium Force was Millie... Learned that AFTER I came back from CP oddly enough.

Mean Streak I intentionally did not ride. If someone about twice your size says it lives up to its name and beats him up, it's wise not to ride :P

I saw it and it reminded me a lot of SoB, which made me cry 2 out of the 3 times I rode it. The only time I enjoyed SoB was when it was lightly raining, making the ride really smooth.

• Like 3

I thought it was Magnum XL-200 but couldn't remember if it was 200 or 2000 and didn't feel like looking it up lol. I had never heard it called Maggie before.

I knew Millennium Force was Millie... Learned that AFTER I came back from CP oddly enough.

Mean Streak I intentionally did not ride. If someone about twice your size says it lives up to its name and beats him up, it's wise not to ride :P

I saw it and it reminded me a lot of SoB, which made me cry 2 out of the 3 times I rode it. The only time I enjoyed SoB was when it was lightly raining, making the ride really smooth.

You missed out then. Mean Streak has had some work done recently that really smoothed it out. And by "work" I mean, they put trim brakes everywhere. But I'd rather have a slower, but enjoyable ride than a fast, painful one.

• Like 1

The only wood coaster I have been on and love is The Beast. I cried on it when I was a little girl, I guess it was too rough for me when I was small, so I was hesitant to ride it again when I was an adult, but I rode it and loved it. I still love it :)

I enjoy Mean Streak (dodges tomato).

I had the pleasure of riding without trims and after a decently-sized rainstorm earlier this summer and I loved it. It was butter smooth and it felt like a whole new coaster.

I have nothing against wooden coasters, I've just learned that most of the time they are too rough on me. The Beast is the exception :) that one isn't too rough for me. I am 5'3 and around 100 pounds. Most coasters are kind of rough on me yet I love them too much to stay away. It was HEARTBREAKING in May and early June when I couldn't ride any coasters. I screwed up my back very bad at the job I was working at the time. I think I pretty much threw my back out.... I had never felt such excruciating pain in my life!!!

As a result I was unable to go on Coasters because of my back.... Then when it had healed enough for me to be able to go back on coasters, I slipped getting into my seat on Beast and my back hit the hard seat divider pretty forcefully. Temporarily paralyzed me and I just collapsed into my seat :( took about a week to recover from that lol

To each their own! I love Invertigo but know people that won't go on it because they think it's too rough. Ditto with Firehawk and Vortex.

So does anyone know if they are getting bat-like trains for 2014 or are they just using the Top Gun/Flight Deck trains painted black?

Yes. Someone knows.

Terp, with the best available answer...for now. Hope it doesn't drive you batty.

Nice pun...

But seriously what is the answer.