The Bat flies again at Kings Island

Guest KingsIslandPR

Hey look, it's the Batcambatcam.jpg
Yes and no. While it shows The Bat, it doesn't give a very close view of it to see what's going on.
^ Has anyone noticed the on location sign seems to be have been taking down?
You're right! I'm not observant at all lol hmmmm
  • Like 9

I think that is great sign (no pun intended) that sign is gone because it is out of the general realm of the little subsection that we have been "promised". It probably will be outfitted to hold Banshee merchandise and The Bat merchandise but still give those proretheme all of Action Zone members, like myself, hope.

I'm gonna be "that guy" for a minute...

There is every possibility that the sign coming down is meaningless. It may just be getting a fresh coat of paint. Though I can think of other signs in AZ that need it more...

I wondered if it was standard practice for them to do. Take down a sign to protect it from the winter elements.

With all seriousness, I am thinking that they will rename it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If Banshee will have a gift shop at the exit, then there's no real point to a second gift shop across the midway that sells basically the same type of stuff. I'm guessing that On Location will either get a makeover, different merchandise, and a new name, or else will be gone entirely and replaced with something else. It might become a food stand that's actually open, since there will be a larger number of people in the area, and Stunt Crew Grill, which is basically never open anyway, could become a permanent Haunt set-up and storage location.

I personally don't see them wasting money on transforming On Location into a food stand when they have SCG, they could just rename that and focus on making it more popular there. I wouldn't mind seeing pizza sold there as well bc Festhaus lines are usually pretty long. Perhaps rename SCG to On Location Pizza and Grill and rename On Location gift shop to something else. Don't know how well that would go over, having 3 pizza places not too far apart but I would buy pizza from SCG if it sold it to avoid the crowds in Festhaus. Also put a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine in there and three in Festhaus (two for pizza, one for Panda Express). Wishful thinking there, though.

• Like 1

My best guess as of now is that it will remain a gift shop selling mostly The Bat & Banshee items. Since The Bat does not have a gift shop already, KI will want to put some new merch on sale near the ride. Also in the station renderings of Banshee there doesn't seem to be a gift shop coming off the exit. So maybe the current shop there will have both rides merchandise. Posted Image

• Like 2

My best guess as of now is that it will remain a gift shop selling mostly The Bat & Banshee items. Since The Bat does not have a gift shop already, KI will want to put some new merch on sale near the ride. Also in the station renderings of Banshee there doesn't seem to be a gift shop coming off the exit. So maybe the current shop there will have both rides merchandise.

I believe the gift shop for Banshee is actually the first floor of the station and would thus not show in the station renderings.

• Like 2

My best guess as of now is that it will remain a gift shop selling mostly The Bat & Banshee items. Since The Bat does not have a gift shop already, KI will want to put some new merch on sale near the ride. Also in the station renderings of Banshee there doesn't seem to be a gift shop coming off the exit. So maybe the current shop there will have both rides merchandise.

I believe the gift shop for Banshee is actually the first floor of the station and would thus not show in the station renderings.

I think that would be very cool. I hope that is the case