The Bat flies again at Kings Island

Guest KingsIslandPR

Scream zone? deathtropolis? creep country? horror hollow? just a few names i thought of. if they retheme Action Zone, IF, then i could see Drop Tower being named demon drop or i thought hellfall sounded cool. Xtreme Skyflyer named noose or hangman , pendulum works for Delirium whoever said that, and Invertigo... hmmmmm maybe specter or jack knife? just my 2cents. ooo and congo falls... fear river or dead man falls?

• Like 1

Scream zone? deathtropolis? creep country? horror hollow? just a few names i thought of. if they retheme Action Zone, IF, then i could see Drop Tower being named demon drop or i thought hellfall sounded cool. Xtreme Skyflyer named noose or hangman , pendulum works for Delirium whoever said that, and Invertigo... hmmmmm maybe specter or jack knife? just my 2cents. ooo and congo falls... fear river or dead man falls?

Think Spectre would be a great name for Invertigo. I always thought ti had a bit of a ghostly look to it witht eh blue paint for some reason. Couldn't really think of a fitting name aside from Poltergeist but that's already used by Six Flags, but Spectre would be perfect as well.

Horror Hollow! I love it!!

And Demon Drop, Hellfall sounds cool, but I don't think that is a name a family oriented park would opt for. I'm not sure on the others.

EDIT: Transferred this post to the Action Zone Retheme thread where it probably belongs.

I'd lobby for something simple and eerie like "The Woods." It would require lots of concrete torn up and lots of trees planted, but Alton Towers did it when they turned Ug Land in the Dark Forest for Thirteen.

What's more, they did some very simple things (besides planting LOTS of trees) to make it happen. Rita: Queen of Speed is an Intamin launched coaster with roughly the same theme as Top Thrill. To become part of the Dark Forest, they dulled the paint colors and put creeping vines across the "racing" station and renamed it simply "Rita." Then the race car trains were re-themed as old antique cars.

Something just as simple as gloomy paint and a few creeping vines would bring Invertigo into the Woods very easily.

The Station:

bv442n300098s2ckaci1er.jpg

6gs000iho4p8kp68sd85e6.jpg

The Trains:

8s7sc00355g9ih9ic5uh0a.jpg

178d0j52j4grfhgloo002a.jpg

The Entrance:

265877304_bd81f72233_z.jpg?zz=1

4449935203_6ae58e08af_z.jpg

So by just amplifying the greenery, dulling paint colors, and having vines crawl across existing shops, they turned a generic area land into Dark Forest. It's just that easy!

And wouldn't you know, The Woods would make a great home for a new dark ride... (Or in my dreams, a Verbolten or DarKastle.)

• Like 10

The theming int he area has mostly been done with paint jobs on buildings adn rides so it would be fairly easy to retheme it all.

And I agree that it would make a great area for a Darkastle type ride. If they took out the Timberwolf theatre it would fit nicely in that area too. I wuolnd't expect to see that added for a few years but it wouldn't be too much mroe of an investment than Banshee was and would likely be an extremely popular ride that would pull in a lot of people as it would appeal to jsut about everyone and not just families or thrill seekers.

Perhaps because it said construction as opposed to painting or refurbishing?

To that, what about the underside of the station? Surely there is movement of items, being constructed into the area. As well, the definition of construction can vary from person to person, to some, a refurbishment needs some sort of construction, bringing about something that is a change.

I just don't think Kings Island is good enough with theming to theme a whole area to "Spooky Hollow". Maybe just split off The Bat/Banshee like X-Base is from Coney Mall, and name that part Spooky Hollow? I wouldn't mind that.

Kings Island used to be really good at theming before the Paramount days. When Taft owned the park each section was themed along with its own music. You didn't have pop music playing in Rivertown or International Street.

• Like 1

Paramount is not the company that started playing pop music on International Street....[/

I didn't say they were the ones that started the pop music on Internatinal street. Cedar Fair started that. I was making a statement about the park before even Paramount owned the park.