The Bat flies again at Kings Island

Guest KingsIslandPR

I personally hope that that is not the final shade of the supports. I would've thought they would be much, much darker. But who knows, they could finish painting it all and it looks amazing with that color. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

And I also think that black would've been a better choice for the supports.^

• Like 3

I think it'll look better when it's finish. I think dark charcoal and orange is a pretty good and interesting color combo. I'm a fan of them and all, don't get me wrong, but with the Bengals around, I see the black and orange color combo enough around the greater Cincinnati are as it is already.

They have started to paint the curve near SOB Station!

feenFML.jpg

Or could it just be rail replacement? They had a rail sitting below the valley between the overbank (not sure of a better term for it) above the station and the turn by the midway last year. Did anyone else see it? So they could've just had the new track tube be orange when they installed it. Just thought about that, I may or may not be right. But it does seem odd that they'd only paint that small piece for today. Would've thought they could get way more done if my theory is not correct.

It sure will look better than it has in the past. I'm so glad this ride is getting the TLC it deserves. Cedar Fair just had the track painted what a few years ago? At least it's not rust looking anymore or looks like it needs taken care of. I just wonder how long it will take before the wheels sliding into the station make the original red paint appear again lol.

• Like 7

(Webcam picture)

Or could it just be rail replacement? They had a rail sitting below the valley between the overbank (not sure of a better term for it) above the station and the turn by the midway last year. Did anyone else see it? So they could've just had the new track tube be orange when they installed it. Just thought about that, I may or may not be right. But it does seem odd that they'd only paint that small piece for today. Would've thought they could get way more done if my theory is not correct.

Last year, I only saw groundhogs down in the valley area. No track pieces.

• Like 2

(Webcam picture)

Last year, I only saw groundhogs down in the valley area. No track pieces.

Not a complete piece of track, but the part of the track that the wheels run on (the smaller tube part). At least, that's what it looked like to me when I saw it and it was there for awhile. But, since I don't take pictures at the park I don't have a photo of it either.

It doesn't really matter as it'll all be painted eventually. I was just curious because it seemed odd that they would only paint such a small section of track like that. Because of that I thought of my theory, but only the park knows the answer to that.

Well, carry on!

I like the charcoal color they used for the supports, gives it a rustic look like its been there for years, and no one has been back there to ride it, plus once you get that bright orange track under it it will really look dark.

• Like 1

Look closely, Gemini.

That car you are referring to has not been painted at the time this photo was taken.

It is still the red, black, and silver scheme.

Oh! Now that you mentioned that I looked even closer and noticed that. My apologies for my previous post as I was mistaken. Thanks for clearing that up!

I'm actually glad that I was wrong as I think it looks great with the current (new) color configuration, and I personally don't think it'd look good for the orange to be on the bottom like I originally thought it did.

• Like 4