The Bat flies again at Kings Island

Guest KingsIslandPR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't like the colors on The Bat, the track itself is great, the supports however are too light, almost like a grey, and the trains should have been painted black with a little orange stripe.

Yeah, they advertised a "double charcoal" pattern. We did not receive "double charcoal". We received "gray", which wasn't a change.

I'm looking forward to the possibility of more theming in the line. The hike back there, I just missed the Top Gun music. And seriously, what a hike! It's nice to get out into the woods tho.

I never noticed before, but the ride itself makes a sound not unlike the squeaking of bats at some points. Seems to be an interaction where the car holds onto the track.

I like the new colors and new logo. My mom always talked about The Bat when I was a kid (usually mentioning how it seemed it was down more than it was up before it was gone) and I always wished I could have ridden it. Now I feel like I have.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the possibility of more theming in the line. The hike back there, I just missed the Top Gun music. And seriously, what a hike! It's nice to get out into the woods tho.

I hope the park isn't done giving attention to the ride. It still has a lot of military characteristics: the painted stars and American flag in the queue line, the lighting fixtures, and some funky yellow and black striped speakers in the station.

Hopefully that short tunnel in the queue is painted, and it'd look fantastic if the park replaced the lighting fixtures with the gothic lighting style around Banshee. I also woudn't mind seeing the chain link lock-out fence replaced with a wrought iron fence like Banshee has - that'd look far nicer. Finally, I highly doubt this would occur, but I wouldn't mind seeing the queue rails repainted or replaced. They're currently the faded, grody gray that the supports used to be.

There's also a large number (41 I think?) painted on the cement below you as you return to the station at the end, which I'm pretty sure has something to do with military flight.

I am sure they (eventually) are going to do something with the remaining older theming, but just haven't gotten to it yet (weather was cold, then rainy most days). When I saw how much the ride had seemed abandoned by park and fans alike when I went a couple years ago, I actually would have predicted removal rather than revamp. I'm happy to have been wrong, and I really don't believe they'd have put this much money and work into it then say "screw it" about the things easily fixed by new paint. The length of the hike back there is ripe with possibilities, especially for the fall. I haven't actually ever been to a Haunt at KI yet (they didn't have them yet or I would have been all over it as a teen) so I can't really speculate beyond imagining what I would do if it was up to me, but a spooky long walk into the woods seems to me to be an exciting possibility to play with.

• Like 2

There's also a large number (41 I think?) painted on the cement below you as you return to the station at the end, which I'm pretty sure has something to do with military flight.

I am sure they (eventually) are going to do something with the remaining older theming, but just haven't gotten to it yet (weather was cold, then rainy most days). When I saw how much the ride had seemed abandoned by park and fans alike when I went a couple years ago, I actually would have predicted removal rather than revamp. I'm happy to have been wrong, and I really don't believe they'd have put this much money and work into it then say "screw it" about the things easily fixed by new paint. The length of the hike back there is ripe with possibilities, especially for the fall. I haven't actually ever been to a Haunt at KI yet (they didn't have them yet or I would have been all over it as a teen) so I can't really speculate beyond imagining what I would do if it was up to me, but a spooky long walk into the woods seems to me to be an exciting possibility to play with.

If I'm not mistaken, and correct me if I am, 41 was the number for the ride on the internal KI phone system.

^ I hope that glow doesn't affect Adventure Express. They wouldn't want to break the eleventh commandment...

Nobody ever, ever disturb the holy mine train!

You should ask Confucius, for he would of told you not to touch The Racers.......

If I'm not mistaken, and correct me if I am, 41 was the number for the ride on the internal KI phone system.

Add a 1 and you would get the meaning to life :) .

• Like 1