The Bat flies again at Kings Island

Guest KingsIslandPR

RCDB is not a reliable source; it is like the Wikipedia of the coaster world.

Try explaining that to the regular editors who maintain most of the amusement park–related articles on Wikipedia.

jcgoble3, who's been there, done that, and doesn't want to fight that dragon again

• Like 5

Huh?

In 1979, Kings Island called it Beast, as does rcdb even today:

http://rcdb.com/67.htm

Now. It was not always thus.

There was a time when enthusiasts used to get upset with those who called it The Beast.

See also, as Jeff Seibert called it, The Son of Beast.

1. RCDB doesn't use "the" for any roller coaster. Saying that RCDB calls it "Beast" versus "The Beast" is meaningless.

2. In 1979, Kings Island called it The Beast. It's always been called The Beast, in its logo, in park maps and brochures, and the like. It has only very rarely been addressed as simply "Beast", such as in this directory here. But note again, like RCDB, it doesn't use "The" for anything. And everywhere else in that brochure, in the ride descriptions and the logos and also on the map, it says "The Beast".

• Like 3

The "the" thing for any ride is something unique to here, as far as actually having concern over it. Like I pointed out in another thread, the new ride is named "Banshee" but some of the merch in its gift shop says, "Keep Calm and ride The Banshee." This is a thing that only enthusiasts get upset about.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I really really can't believe this argument is happening now, and not in the off season.

Of course, this year The Beach will have snow tubing, so that'll help........

I actually think KI is going to have to build a new coaster and open it during the winter to keep us from rioting in the offseason! :P

• Like 2

I really really can't believe this argument is happening now, and not in the off season.

Just wait until March. There's no snow tubing, spring's close enough to get everyone excited, but the park's closed for yet another month.

If only SNICKERS brand candy worked on roller coaster cravings...

• Like 5

And here I thought The Bat was flying again. :wacko:

Anyway, having ridden the original Bat, I'm glad the name came back. I would like to have seen the old style cars come back with the actual bats on them. However, it's nice that the coaster was painted and re-named. I didn't like the Flight Deck name. Now, they just need to re-name the old Back Lot Stunt Coaster into something cool. Not sure what they could change it to though.

I have a question. The coaster called "The Demon" I had always heard as The Screamin' Demon. Was it ever called that? And if so, when did that change?

• Like 4

RCDB is not a reliable source; it is like the Wikipedia of the coaster world.

RCDB is semi-in touch with most parks (I've emailed them on something about getting pictures up and they mentioned that). I consider them pretty darn reputable.

For example, they just don't go randomly adding rides to their list. They first have to have hard evidence, either an announcement or parts on site before they're allowed to put a ride up. Its not like Screamscape.

• Like 3

I actually think KI is going to have to build a new coaster and open it during the winter to keep us from rioting in the offseason! :P

Let's get a Intmain Giga Coaster!

"For KIC'ers only"

• Like 1