The Bat flies again at Kings Island

Guest KingsIslandPR

Lovin' the new paint job. Can't wait to see wait to see what they do with the station, as well, even if it is ends up being just a subtle change. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the end result.

If I recall correctly, Don has said that the station won't be changing drastically, but I don't remember where this was mentioned.

• Like 2

I am still one of the people that doesn't like the change of the name, but I have to say that the ride is looking good with its new facelift so far. I would like to see modification to the cars, or even themed Bat Shaped cars to go along with it. Maybe bring back some theming underneath the loading station, kind of a cave feel. It might change my thoughts on the switch to The Bat.

But in my heart it will always be Top Gun haha.

• Like 2

I don't struggle with calling that one Beastie nearly as much since I was maybe 10 when that change occurred and my trips to KI were just one to two times a year at that time. I have called it Scooby Doo on more than one occasion though.

Seriously, is it called Woodstock Express now? We rarely go to that area now. I probably cannot tell you most of the current ride names in that section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^Am I the only one that kind of cheered but also had an empty feeling at the same time when Son of Beast was imploded in that teaser video?

I cheered for the fact that I was sick of staring at it with the knowledge that I would never ride it again, but I was sad to see it go for the sake of how much I loved it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...