The Bat

BB1

Paramount should've never changed the name in the first place, that was one of their biggest mistakes IMO. However Cedar Fair then names it Woodstock Express with the introduction of Planet Snoopy...

Bottom line is that I don't care what the theme of surrounding area of the ride is, it should've always remained The Beastie. At least since it's obvious now with the announcments of Banshee and Bat that Ouimet seems to care about parks' invidual history of old rides and ride names, maybe, just MAYBE, we'll see WE return to it's former nominal glory.

• Like 2

They were/are advertising their cartoon characters....Even when it was Beastie, Scooby Doo and gang were present...:)

Uh, Scooby Doo and gang are not now nor were they ever Paramount characters. TimeWarner owns them, having bought them with Turner Broadcasting, who had bought them from Taft. Kings Island had the original non-exclusive park license from its Taft days. That license has since expired. The current theme park licensee is Six Flags Entertainment Corporation.

• Like 2

Personally I'm really happy that the same trains will be used since I really like them. I haven't ridden in the floorless ones but I think I'd rather have our current set. I also have no issue with the same restraints being used.

Overall I really like the new name/color theme and I think it will look excellent. I would like to see some kind of station retheme to make it fit with the name a little more, but if they don't I'm still happy with the name change and the new color scheme.

• Like 4

Paramount should've never changed the name in the first place, that was one of their biggest mistakes IMO. However Cedar Fair then names it Woodstock Express with the introduction of Planet Snoopy...

Bottom line is that I don't care what the theme of surrounding area of the ride is, it should've always remained The Beastie. At least since it's obvious now with the announcments of Banshee and Bat that Ouimet seems to care about parks' invidual history of old rides and ride names, maybe, just MAYBE, we'll see WE return to it's former nominal glory.

Former Glory as in reverting to its original name: Scooby Doo?

• Like 6