Enchanted Voyage Footage

raptor

Amazing how things come back to you when you watch things like this. I remember my aunt taking me to KI and I was pretty young. We rode Enchanted Voyage several times. I used to love Banana Splits. I wish I could find a pic or something from back then. I remember meeting Fleegel and thinking that was amazing. He was the closest thing to someone famous I had ever met.

My aunt took me back just to see the Smurfs. She still loves the Smurfs. It was miserably hot that day and it was super cold in there.

I wish I could remember when I had my first trip to Kings Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

The video was more trippy than the ride. The colors and lighting weren't quite as funky looking (I am on my phone so might not be so bad on a monitor.) However, that music is bad. Gotta love the 70's. They could have incorporated theme songs to the cartoons and it would have been better.

With that being said, I was 5-7 when I rode this so it could be more trippy in person. In a child's mind it was cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

That song pops into my head more than I'd like to admit. Amazing how things like that get embedded into your memory, from what seems so very long ago.

This song is the Midwest equivalent to "It's a Small World After All." It takes me to a happy place.

• Like 4

I HIGHLY recommend Monster Mansion at Six Flags Over Georgia. Bless Melinda Ashcraft and her efforts to maintain and preserve that ride. (and Mindbender). Retired after more than 40 years of faithful service (including as General Manager of Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom), she's a true professional, and perhaps one of the finest park managers, and people, you will ever meet.

• Like 3

The Enchanted Voyage theme song has been my primary ringtone for several years. It was my favorite ride as a young child and my first ride at the park in the summer of 1972. I constantly tell my daughters, I wish I had a time machine so we could all go back and ride it together.

I recently joined (officially) as a member. I always thought of myself as a KI fanatic until I started reading through the posts and forums here. It is a great site and wonderful source of historical information.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

So sitting down and watching the new Smurfs 1 movie (with NPH) it would make an interesting dark ride experience. Especially how they transport them selves back to the NY area. The taking of the wrong turn, the dipping, the diving, the water fall, and being sucked through a giant Vortex.... Dont know why but it made it seem like the perfect ending to a dark ride....

• Like 1