Delirium to get a paint job?

Kat

I follow a page on Facebook called Cedar Fair Parks and they post rumors or "news" they've heard. Based on what I've seen, most of the time they're not at all accurate, despite claiming he or she gets the info from reliable sources..... But what they posted today intrigued me, so I thought I would add it to the rumors here since a lot of us have kind of been speculating about if other AZ rides will get makeovers because of Banshee and The Bat.

For those that have Facebook, the link to their page is https://www.facebook.com/CedarFairParks?hc_location=stream

Today they posted "I am hearing Delirium at Kings Island could be getting a new coat of paint."

No source was given as to where this info was obtained, so I have asked them for a source. Another person replied and said he doesn't think this is true, because they just repainted it last season. I replied to that and said I'm pretty sure they didn't.

AFAIK, no rides got painted in the off season last year, but if I am wrong, please correct me :)

I don't think Delirium needs a new paint job yet, but that's just my opinion. Maybe they want to give it a fresh paint job since it's right next to Banshee. If it does get a paint job, I hope they keep the same colors. I've heard some say they want to see it painted new colors that will better "match" Banshee, and I've heard others say the current colors are fine.

Thoughts on this rumor?
If I get a source, I will look into it and post it here.

Ah ok. I'm sick right now so my head is really foggy and I don't remember much lol. I don't know if this Facebook page follows these forums, or pointbuzz, because I would think if they did then some of the info they've posted wouldn't have been posted. IE they recently posted that almost all the CF parks close on 10/31 every year so they were shocked that these parks closed on 10/28 this year instead of 10/31. They even argued with me when I told them that Kings Island never ends its season on a weekday (argued AGAIN that maybe not this year but their 2012 season ended on 10/31.... and so did CP). They got seriously bashed by many people for this, and a quick search on both KIC and PB revealed what I thought.... KI and CP (and most other CF parks) closed on 10/27 last year.... they claimed to stay on top of CF news and get their info from reliable sources, so they dunno why the dates were wrong :lol:

I'll have to go to the AZ retheme thread and read that post.

I hope they paint it ,and at least return the logos on the gondola. IMO I've thought it has looked bad for several seasons. I remember how bright and colorful it used to be. Now it has a dull matte like finish from fading. I just hope they don't do like CP and just paint the bottom of the supports like with Maxair!

If they are doing anything to Delirium, they need to extend the cycle to that of maXair. Delirium doesn't thrill me like it used to.

Delirum being a Giant Frisbee, it would add more stress to the motor to extend its cycle to match its smaller cousin at CP. Delirium has experienced extended downtime in recent seasons as the park awaited parts from Germany (for its motor), so I'm guessing the park would like to keep the downtime to a minimum.

^ again, nope. lol I would probably just leave Delirium alone. If I was to rename the remaining three rides in AZ:

Invertigo would be Stinger
Drop Tower would be Demon Drop
Delirium I would probably leave alone or maybe name Swingin' Demon (if that's not in use... would have to check copyrights on that) but probably not, to avoid overuse of the word Demon and confusion along not-so-bright park guests.... If Drop Tower got re-named Demon Drop and Delirum got re-named Swingin' Demon I can already see people mis-using the names and mixing them up :P

If they are doing anything to Delirium, they need to extend the cycle to that of maXair. Delirium doesn't thrill me like it used to.

Delirum being a Giant Frisbee, it would add more stress to the motor to extend its cycle to match its smaller cousin at CP. Delirium has experienced extended downtime in recent seasons as the park awaited parts from Germany (for its motor), so I'm guessing the park would like to keep the downtime to a minimum.

They are both considered giant frisbee, maXair is bigger than Delirium. Not by alot tho

I have no idea what color scheme would look better on Delirium, but the current color scheme is very Action Zone-esque. Therefore, if AZ is disappearing I would like to see those colors go as well. Dark green, black, brown? I even vote black and lime would fit much nicer with Banshee. Not sure, but I honestly would like to see both Delirium and Drop Tower repainted just to match the changes that are obviously brewing.

I don't think it needs a paint job either, but then again despite being a member on this forum for many many many years I haven't been active until April of this year, so I haven't kept track of what got painted when. I think I saw that Flight Deck got pained back in 2010, but IMO it was in desperate need again for a paint job already. Maybe because it was such a light color it faded so quick, but it looked pretty bad lol

If KI Does a Re-theme of AZ, Dont hate me for this but id like to see Congo Falls Removed :/ (Or like some people say it would fit great into Soak City!) I just dont think its that great of ride and a ride that dosent bring alot of people. Also i think maybe the Timberwolf Theatere Sould be removed too. If these 2 rides were gone, That be great place for a Few New Flats.

• Like 1

Congo falls should be moved to Soak City and once its removed / moved put a small flat in its place once that happens they timberwolf theatre might see some life again instead of being hidden behind Drop Tower and Congo falls.

• Like 1

Congo falls should be moved to Soak City and once its removed / moved put a small flat in its place once that happens they timberwolf theatre might see some life again instead of being hidden behind Drop Tower and Congo falls.

But Timberwolf Is only really used for the music fest they have now :/ Thats one event out of a whole season.

With all due respect, I don't see any way Congo Falls will be moved from AZ to Soak City. It's the only water ride on the Action Zone/Coney Mall side of International Street, and for that alone I don't see it moving.

• Like 3

If KI Does a Re-theme of AZ, Dont hate me for this but id like to see Congo Falls Removed :/ (Or like some people say it would fit great into Soak City!) I just dont think its that great of ride and a ride that dosent bring alot of people. Also i think maybe the Timberwolf Theatere Sould be removed too. If these 2 rides were gone, That be great place for a Few New Flats.

You haven't seen it on a hot summer day have you? It had full or near full boats constantly this summer. It still gets a decent amount of riders, those who want to get a little wet to cool down but not soaked. Those who want to get soaked head to toe will go stand on the bridge lol

• Like 1

Yeah, I can see Timberwolf being removed. That place has low usage, it'll allow more possibilities for Action Zone, and allow better access to Flight Deck while still being able to keep the observation points near the fly-by.

And I don't know about everyone else, but the main reason I don't go on "dry-park" wet rides, is simply because I don't want to have an hour of wetness for 3 minutes of fun.

It's not a boring ride for me at all, just becomes a nuisance, is all.

• Like 1

^ you and my brother have the same train of thought. I usually wear my bathing suit every time I visit the park in the summer so if I want to go on a water ride I don't get my underwear all wet and if it gets too hot for even water rides to cool me off I can just go over to the waterpark for awhile with no additional hassle :)

You haven't seen it on a hot summer day have you? It had full or near full boats constantly this summer. It still gets a decent amount of riders, those who want to get a little wet to cool down but not soaked. Those who want to get soaked head to toe will go stand on the bridge lol

But i know this is in most parks, You go up a lift, Take a left turn, And drop. Its just an oval. If Timberwolf AND Congo falls Go down i think you could get 2-3 More flats in there. And theres always the Log Flume in PS. I think more choices of rides is better then and oval flume and a theatere with 1 event out of the whole season :/

Also I highly doubt KI will do away with Timberwolf anytime soon, seeing as how doing so would mean they could no longer host Spirit Song and would lose hundreds of thousands of dollars profit. Spirit Song is one of the biggest annual money makers for the park every year. It consistently brings in crowds of around 100,000, so not only do they see increased ticket sales, they also raise parking that weekend (from $12 to $15 this past season), and then they make tons more money on food, beverages, games, souvenirs, and Fast Lane passes so concert goers can hit many rides before the concerts without having to wait nearly 2 hours for everything. I have worked at the park during Spirit Song (back before the days of Fast Lane) and I have attended the concerts, and the crowds are insane. Non-stop sea of people everywhere you look.

• Like 3