Delirium to get a paint job?

Kat

I follow a page on Facebook called Cedar Fair Parks and they post rumors or "news" they've heard. Based on what I've seen, most of the time they're not at all accurate, despite claiming he or she gets the info from reliable sources..... But what they posted today intrigued me, so I thought I would add it to the rumors here since a lot of us have kind of been speculating about if other AZ rides will get makeovers because of Banshee and The Bat.

For those that have Facebook, the link to their page is https://www.facebook.com/CedarFairParks?hc_location=stream

Today they posted "I am hearing Delirium at Kings Island could be getting a new coat of paint."

No source was given as to where this info was obtained, so I have asked them for a source. Another person replied and said he doesn't think this is true, because they just repainted it last season. I replied to that and said I'm pretty sure they didn't.

AFAIK, no rides got painted in the off season last year, but if I am wrong, please correct me :)

I don't think Delirium needs a new paint job yet, but that's just my opinion. Maybe they want to give it a fresh paint job since it's right next to Banshee. If it does get a paint job, I hope they keep the same colors. I've heard some say they want to see it painted new colors that will better "match" Banshee, and I've heard others say the current colors are fine.

Thoughts on this rumor?
If I get a source, I will look into it and post it here.

Could the paint job happen? Of course it could...do I look for it to happen this year, no.

As for that Facebook page...it's hilarious. I believe it's ran by some kid in their mid-teens. They've posted numerous things as fact without sources or it's completely off the wall and has been proven to be something entirely different. I along with a few other friends have corrected them numerous times and they don't seem to get it...they need to have a source and/or post legit stuff that's been posted by the parks.

• Like 1

Could the paint job happen? Of course it could...do I look for it to happen this year, no.

As for that Facebook page...it's hilarious. I believe it's ran by some kid in their mid-teens. They've posted numerous things as fact without sources or it's completely off the wall and has been proven to be something entirely different. I along with a few other friends have corrected them numerous times and they don't seem to get it...they need to have a source and/or post legit stuff that's been posted by the parks.

I've gotten the same impression about the poster lol. That's why I usually don't take anything they post too seriously. This person INSISTED all the seasonal parks closed on Halloween last year and every year, and continued to argue even after I and many others posted sources to prove they were wrong lol. They claimed that they stay on top of CF happenings and have reliable sources.

• Like 1

If they are doing anything to Delirium, they need to extend the cycle to that of maXair. Delirium doesn't thrill me like it used to.

Delirum being a Giant Frisbee, it would add more stress to the motor to extend its cycle to match its smaller cousin at CP. Delirium has experienced extended downtime in recent seasons as the park awaited parts from Germany (for its motor), so I'm guessing the park would like to keep the downtime to a minimum.
They are both considered giant frisbee, maXair is bigger than Delirium. Not by alot tho
Both are the same size. Both have the same plate on them "Ride Model: Giant Frisbee" Maxair is not bigger than Delirium... It is however newer and likely had mechanical improvements after huss experimented with Delirium(first giant frisbee) the only other type of giant frisbee is the "Giant Frisbee 55" which was not manufactured in 05", Maxair's debut year (also not sure of difference between frisbee 55 and normal giant). I think with the new parts on Delirium, It should be able to handle a longer cycle. I visited the park approx. 10 times this past season and I did not see Delirium down one time.
  • Like 1

I don't think it needs a repaint right now. But if they do retheme the entire area I believe it and drop zone would need a toned down paint job to fit the spooky theme. I'm only expecting the minizone to be added for next year. Maybe a full retheme in another year or two but not all at once.

I've gotten the same impression about the poster lol. That's why I usually don't take anything they post too seriously. This person INSISTED all the seasonal parks closed on Halloween last year and every year, and continued to argue even after I and many others posted sources to prove they were wrong lol. They claimed that they stay on top of CF happenings and have reliable sources.

Then don't do them the justice of spreading their rumors because that's just bringing this place down to their low level. Silly kitty Kat.

With the multi colored Drop Tower, Bat being possibly orange and black, Face/Off being blue, and Banshee being the "Mystic Red and purple" I could see a darker red and black. Who knows.

• Like 2

It wouldn't surprise me the least bit to see Delirium get a fresh coat of paint. Frankly, the the ride looks like crap and being right next to the new ride, it's due for one.

Delirum being a Giant Frisbee, it would add more stress to the motor to extend its cycle to match its smaller cousin at CP. Delirium has experienced extended downtime in recent seasons as the park awaited parts from Germany (for its motor), so I'm guessing the park would like to keep the downtime to a minimum.

The motorS perform fine and "stress on the motorS" would not be the reason they don't extend the ride cycle. You want to know why they dont extend the cycle? Because it's fine as is and the general public would not notice the difference. Delirium and Maxair are more less the exact same ride. Minus some small differences. Again,the motorS have performed as expected and waiting on a motor from Germany was not the reason for its extended downtime in years past.

• Like 6

Is it bad I've never even heard of Spirit Song?

I imagine there are a lot of people that have not heard of it. It is a Christian music festival, I think held in late June or early July. I wanted to go this year because I really like TobyMac, but had other plans that day.

It wouldn't surprise me the least bit to see Delirium get a fresh coat of paint. Frankly, the the ride looks like crap and being right next to the new ride, it's due for one.

The motorS perform fine and "stress on the motorS" would not be the reason they don't extend the ride cycle. You want to know why they dont extend the cycle? Because it's fine as is and the general public would not notice the difference. Delirium and Maxair are more less the exact same ride. Minus some small differences. Again,the motorS have performed as expected and waiting on a motor from Germany was not the reason for its extended downtime in years past.

I'm referring to the ride's downtime from sev seasons ago. At the time, I recall the park saying that it was awaiting a new motor from Huss. Extra stress was also why they tamed Crypt just a few weeks after it opened after its retheme.

^ I'm being really nitpicky, but The Crypt got a new ride cycle over a year after it received the retheme. It operated with an intense cycle from opening day 2008 through the Ride Warriors Weekend event in 2009. The cycle was oddly similar to Kings Dominion's Crypt cycle. From that weekend through its closure, it had the two-inversion cycle, which is what earned the ride its reputation on this board as a Ferris wheel.

You may be thinking of a subtle theme change that occurred a few weeks after it opened as The Crypt. I never experienced it myself, but the ride supposedly initially opened with techno music during the ride cycle. After that, it had some wind/howling track played during the cycle. (I can't remember where, but I've since heard that track played in the park. I want to say on Adventure Express.)

• Like 4

I'm referring to the ride's downtime from sev seasons ago. At the time, I recall the park saying that it was awaiting a new motor from Huss. Extra stress was also why they tamed Crypt just a few weeks after it opened after its retheme.

So was I. They "tamed" The Crypt because it was a last ditch effort to make the ride cost efficient. Not because of "extra stress."

Then don't do them the justice of spreading their rumors because that's just bringing this place down to their low level. Silly kitty Kat.

With the multi colored Drop Tower, Bat being possibly orange and black, Face/Off being blue, and Banshee being the "Mystic Red and purple" I could see a darker red and black. Who knows.

There are two things I am not known for:

1. Thinking before I speak

2. Being very smart because I spend more time speaking than thinking

:P