Delirium to get a paint job?

Kat

I don't see a reason why they couldn't extend it's program. The GP notice it when the ride slows down after 30 seconds of full speed.

The line would be even more ridiculous if it were reverted back... I'm fine keeping it how it is. I already rarely ride it because of the line that it has now.

--

Uploaded in 2007

Then here it is in 2009

Count the number of swings toward the festhaus at full height.

• Like 1

What's odd about this is this. Cedar Point is notorious for short--very short--flat ride cycles, in order to maximize capacity. Now, maXair has a longer cycle...at Cedar Point. I'm not sure exactly why that ride can accommodate a longer cycle than Kings Island's now does, but it does.

And, as for me, a ride worth riding is worth a full cycle (or more. Once rode the Coney Island of Brooklyn Breakdance at full tilt for 20 minutes and the bumper cars at Hillcrest for nearly an hour--both continuously).

A short cycle on Delirium definitely affects the ride--and the ride experience. Less stress for the ride--less experience both quantitatively and qualitatively for the riders.

I, for one, would like to wait for the real thing--the experience as the ride manufacturer originally intended.

I feel as strongly about shortened and watered down flat ride cycles as many do about trim brakes, only more so. You see, I have ridden Whips, Eli wheels, Tilt-A-Whirls, Tumble Bugs, Scramblers, Dodgems and many others...as they once ran and as most do now.

Compare Conneaut Lake's Tumble Bug to Kennywood's Turtle. One is a supreme ride experience. The other mosies along the track serenely, a sad shadow of what it once was.

• Like 8

It wasn't always like that.

Only when the Cedar Fair people who know how to run a park took over from Paramount Parks...

There was a time when Kings Island had great flats with long cycles. (Rotor, Bayern Curve, Halleys Comet, der Spinnin Keggers, Enchanted Voyage, Tumble Bug, Zodiac, Ferris Wheel, Sky Ride, and on and on).

• Like 6

I'd at least like to see Delirium get repainted in its same colors to brighten it up since it's paint is kind of faded. However, I'd really like to see it get a new color scheme. I'm not sure which new colors would work well but I'll leave that thinking to KI as they have their game plan set for this area.

What's odd about this is this. Cedar Point is notorious for short--very short--flat ride cycles, in order to maximize capacity. Now, maXair has a longer cycle...at Cedar Point. I'm not sure exactly why that ride can accommodate a longer cycle than Kings Island's now does, but it does.

Speaking (or should I say typing?) of 'short-very short- flat ride cycles,' is there a reason for the extreme difference in ride times on WindSeeker? I cannot vouch for the 2013 season, but last summer half the times I rode it the gondola would start its decent as soon as it reached maximum height and other times you would get to go the full cycle. What was up with that?

• Like 2

Speaking (or should I say typing?) of 'short-very short- flat ride cycles,' is there a reason for the extreme difference in ride times on WindSeeker? I cannot vouch for the 2013 season, but last summer half the times I rode it the gondola would start its decent as soon as it reached maximum height and other times you would get to go the full cycle. What was up with that?

It does seem to have a shorter cycle than it did in 2011. With 64 people per ride, you'd think the hourly capacity would be high enough to get CF to allow a full cycle. This past season I had an experience where the gondola got to the top, spun twice, then began its decent. I found it quite upsetting, since WS is my favorite ride.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The one time I got a full ride cycle on WindSeeker the past two seasons was when i was seated next to someone that was acting very peculiar (and not my daughter). He was probably tripping on drugs from his demeanor. It was the longest ride EVER on WindSeeker.

• Like 2

I posted two contrasting videos above here proving the different cycles used on Delirium btw. Whether he was in different seats or not, He had different experiences.

Right. But you posted videos comparing 2007 to 2009. If you notice, the ride cycle is the same in 2009 as it is now. Unless you can find another video showing the ride in 2011 or beyond, I stand by my belief that the ride cycle has not changed since at least 2009.

I'd rather get a shorter cycle on WindSeeker than the 4 hour cycle some people have experienced.

• Like 12