What ride would you remove from Kings Island?

GamesAndRides

If I HAD to remove a ride, and I'm thinking from a personal standpoint as a customer, I would remove Diamondback. We already have a boring steel coaster in Planet Snoopy. I can live without one in the main park.

If I were managing the park and trying to turn a profit as best I can, and for whatever reason, I had absolutely NO choice but to remove something, I would remove Congo Falls, purely because there are other water rides to fill the gap, and I think that the impact of losing that ride would be less than the impact of losing any others. Plus, the removal of that would open up land in an area that seems to be the center of attention right now.

- Homestar92, stating his honest opinions, whether you like it or not.

• Like 5

I'd move Backlot Stunt Coaster to a smaller park. It has a low capacity, the launch into the helix is too intense for a "family" coaster, and it's an eyesore compared to what it replaced.

If I HAD to remove a ride, and I'm thinking from a personal standpoint as a customer, I would remove Diamondback. We already have a boring steel coaster in Planet Snoopy. I can live without one in the main park.

You'd remove the second biggest people eater after Banshee? You must like long lines at Beast and Vortex.

Besides, there's more that can make a ride entertaining than just forcefulness. Even if you personally can't enjoy the coaster, perhaps you could catch up on your reading? :)

Adventure Express, doing so would make room for another coaster maybe a giga.

Have you handed in your Kings Island fan card yet?

• Like 13

I'd move Backlot Stunt Coaster to a smaller park. It has a low capacity, the launch into the helix is too intense for a "family" coaster, and it's an eyesore compared to what it replaced.

You'd remove the second biggest people eater after Banshee? You must like long lines at Beast and Vortex.

Besides, there's more that can make a ride entertaining than just forcefulness. Even if you personally can't enjoy the coaster, perhaps you could catch up on your reading? :)

That's why I made a distinction between my two answers ;)

But this is in a hypothetical scenario in which something has to be removed. If I don't remove Diamondback, I HAVE to remove something better, and I'd rather have longer lines at that "something better" than have it be removed.

I agree with you on Backlot. No need to insult me on my idea.

No insults, just noting that removing one of the park's most beloved rides would not be a popular decision around here. It's still a great ride with excellent capacity that's very popular.

Not to mention that a giga would be much too extreme for many of the customers AE serves. There are other ways to access that plot of land, should the park need to use it in the foreseeable future.

Well you see, there is this one new pool.....

What's wrong with the new wavepool? It added much-needed capacity and didn't require the removal of any attractions.

I guess I'd agree with the Backlot Stunt Coaster suggestion, though I don't know where I'd send it. Michigan's Adventure would be the right size park in my mind, but I don't know if the park has the income or infrastructure to support a launched coaster. If Six Flags over Georgia were smaller, I'd definitely say that (just so long as it got some sort of new theme, because the movie backlot theme really wouldn't fit in anywhere at that park.)

No insults, just noting that removing one of the park's most beloved rides would not be a popular decision around here. Also, Adventure Express serves customers that would find a giga coaster much too extreme.

There are other ways to access that plot of land, should the park decide to use it.

Well you see, there is this one new pool.....

What's wrong with the new wavepool? It added much-needed capacity and didn't requir

e the removal of any attractions.

See : https://www.carowinds.com/what-s-new/new-for-2014

Backlot Stunt Coaster is what I would get rid of. Send it to Kentucky Kingdom. I actually like the ride, but I refuse to wait for it.

Congo Falls would be the other one I would get rid of. I am not a huge fan of water type rides or water parks. (Neatly drowned when I was a teenager and I don't like walking in wet clothes/shoes.)

Slightly weird question, I rarely go to Soak City, is there a regular swimming pool or just two wave pools? If there is not a pool, why not?

I really think if things were theoretically placed differently, it would make more sense than theoretically getting rid of a coaster. Guess that is another thread though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd hate to remove any rides at KI, but if there was a gun against my head and to live I had to remove something, I'd take out WindSeeker. I understand that it's supposed to be a family-oriented ride, but it's been known for heavy downtime and the accidents at CP and KBF. Plus, it's not all that exciting.

• Like 1

If any ride/coaster was to be removed just to be removed i would say Congo falls, if there was a ride to be removed for future expansion or a coaster i would have to go with Adventure Express, i would love to see a intamin blitz coaster like maverick in that spot, and the theming be something out of Indiana jones movies. A more modern Adventure Express.

Why are we talking about removing rides anyway? I enjoy all the current rides at the park. Some I can tolerate a few times a season (Vortex), and others I ride often depending on who I am with.

A lot of posts I have seen on this forum over the last couple years have claimed that "there isn't enough." "Build more flat rides." "I want this" " I want that" Now you want to remove something?

One thing that needs to be gone is the Crypt building. Personally, I would rather they use the building for a "Houdini" type attraction.

I got to experience the Houdini ride at SFGAdv earlier this year. There were INFANTS on the ride! There is NO minimum height requirement. It is EXACTLY what KI needs. People complain that there isn't enough thrills for the entire family. Well, here is the answer.

• Like 8

If I had to remove one I'd take out the Action Theatre, if you can even count it anymore. It doesnt' serve much of a purpose anymore. Got a dino film no one watches and a maze used one month a year. Rather see it removed to make way for a new ride, or gut it and install a new dark ride.

Congo Falls could go too, but I rather see it moved to Soak City than removed completely. It's a fun ride but unless it's really hot out I just don't feel like getting that drenched. But if it was in Soak City it'd be a great addition, don't have to worry about getting wet since that's why you're there, and it ahs a high capacity.

I hardly see more than a handful of people on a boat at any time, if any, where it is at now.

• Like 3

At some point, rides that people love will have to be removed. Machines don't last forever, and building for the future sometimes means building over the past. Even Banshee is presumably designed with a finite functional lifetime.

Luckily, no rides seem likely to leave in the foreseeable future. The Bat has many years ahead of it, and Vortex is still running well - and remaining popular - after 27 seasons.

Hopefully The Racer and The Beast remain as long as there's a Kings Island.

• Like 2