KI Photo Chain Game: 2013 edition

homestar92

Alright, that's getting annoying.

It does get annoying when people do not use proper capitalization. I don't know why it takes so many reminders to get people to use proper capitalization. I would think with the amount of reminders and support from those who run this site, people would think before responding with incorrect capitalization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

I understand it's necessary and all, but wouldn't it be more effective if we developed a warning system ultimately resulting in suspensions from posting or something like that. All Terp making all these posts does is potentially cause the original poster to edit the post and annoy multiple users. I mean this site has 7,000 users! If you seriously think all of Terp's little posts are going to cause proper grammar, you're just fooling yourself. If you want to be serious about people paying attention to grammar and copyrights, then you need to get serious in enforcing it.

• Like 1

I'm just glad that Terp has taken it upon himself (or herself) to try to get people to use capitalization, when something should be capitalized. It may annoy some, but if you would use it properly, he wouldn't have to remind you, thus ridding you of the annoyance.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

You are correct. Terp wouldn't make these posts if people were correct in the first place, but there are 7,00 people here. That will not happen unless you get serious about enforcing it. Terp's posts actually accomplish very little.

My point still stands. If you want every single one of them to post correctly, you need to try harder enforcing it.

And also, Terp, what happened to cause this change inside of you? I've been a member of this site since 2010. I've lurked since 2009. Never have I seen you make a post urging proper copyrights until 2 or 3 months ago. What caused this?

My point still stands. If you want every single one of them to post correctly, you need to try harder enforcing it.

And also, Terp, what happened to cause this change inside of you? I've been a member of this site since 2010. I've lurked since 2009. Never have I seen you make a post urging proper copyrights until 2 or 3 months ago. What caused this?

There's another recent topic here somewhere where Dane encourages Terp to continue correcting what he's been doing lately. Terp has explained that corporations DO care about seemingly small online communities using their trademarked names in ways they feel are improper, which is why he has been very diligently doing what he has been doing for the past few months.

Deductive reasoning would suggest that KIC (or perhaps another forum with whom our administration is close) has been targeted by some entity that is unhappy about the improper use of their trademark.

Should I be correct--and I really can't imagine any other possibilities--this would mean that when Terp says he does "what he must because he must," it's because he actually must do what he's been doing lately. It's not grammar Nazism; it's legal protection.

Plus, the guy is seriously just asking everyone to press their shift keys every once in a while. It's not like he's petitioning to raise taxes or something.

• Like 10

Just throwing this out there. There is a certain game that is coming up in a couple of weeks. It's the Big Game the Broncos and Seahawks will be playing. You are not permitted to use the name of said game without express written consent if it's done for commercial (financial gain) use. The NFL have invested a lot of money in lawyers and licensing to prevent unauthorized use of that event name. The are known to be aggressive with pursuing actions against trademark infringement.

Some companies do take measures against improper use of their products, services or names in various contexts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

You guys don't understand where I'm coming from. I understand (as I've already said at least once) that proper trademark use is necessary. So, how do we make sure KIC does not become a victim of some big, powerful company? Well, Terp feels that making reminder posts after every incorrect trademark use is the way to go. However, is this truly effective? In my opinion, no.

If a company sees an incorrect use of their trademark on this site, they may think, "I'm going to come after this site." Upon seeing Terp's post, they may think, "Oh look, this guy has it right, but the original poster still has it wrong. I'm still coming after this site."

If you want want to ensure the above scenario does not occur, you need to ensure that all improper trademark use on this site is corrected. Terp's posts simply will not do this. You see, I am not challenging whether or not we should worry about copyrights. I am challenging what is the most effective way to protect KIC. In my opinion, a possible solution would be to let Terp be a Mod, so he can correct the improper use. A PM could then also be sent to the original poster to help ensure they don't make the same mistake again. Terp's annoying reminder posts will not protect us.

• Like 1

Fine. I give up. I know if I were a company Terp's posts would not stop me from coming after KIC. If Dane and Bodda think Terp is being effective, fine. I can't change that. But here's a hint: he's not. Good luck winning in the incredibly low chance that a company comes after KIC. :) You'll need it.

People that get corrected by Terp may not enjoy his suggestions, but I do believe it helps others when making a thread or post to use proper grammar and punctuation. He has almost single handedly stopped the "people copying and pasting the entire article rather than linking to it" problem.

• Like 17

Expert:

6977072178_d0c1c50fee_b.jpg

Easy: Photo of any coaster on a sunny day

Hard: Photo of any coaster at night

Expert: Photo of any coaster in the rain

Legend: Photo of any coaster in the snow, taken prior to October 2013 (otherwise the ACE Banshee tour last month would make this too easy)

• Like 4