2007 trip report.

LoraX

I will do this from home tonight. I will say that these are two trips in 2007. One is in May (Katie in pink top and Cody in blue) and the other in August (Katie in the red top and Cody in brown). The August trip was blazing hot. I wish I could find all the pics I took on our trips that summer. It has been one of our favorite summers at Kings Island. We dubbed it, "the year of sneaking mullet pictures." I had captured over 100 pics of 100 different people with mullets in one visit to Kings Island. For some reason, I cannot locate the mullet shots and have no idea why there were so many mullets that day. My son will also be featured.

• Like 2

This is one of my favorite pictures of Kaitlyn. She was really just caught up in loving being at Kings Island.

Posted Image

She used to love riding this. I nearly have to beg her to ride it now.

Posted Image

I can't tell from my phone, but believe she has rabbit ears. This is my son, Cody.

Posted Image

This is the assault of Kaitlyn pics. Blue trying to strangle her:

Posted Image

Tommy trying to get fresh (from her body language it looks like she was goosed)

Posted Image

Jimmy looks like he bonked her in the head:

Posted Image

Patrick spouted a new arm for a sneak attack perhaps.

Posted Image

She apparently felt safe with Chucky:

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Congo Falls, he got wet. nu6yjaje.jpg

"Read my lips":

e6ujepun.jpg

She was a soggy chick:

ase9udet.jpg

He was raised by wolves:

urupamys.jpg

She is trying to give directions? A side note with this pic, because it's truly amazing what looking at pics will do with memories. It was the last trip to KI I went on with my friend Robbie. He was drinking and driving and died. :'(. This is his niece.

ve8a2yje.jpgu6e6y6a6.jpgutyje6aq.jpg

• Like 4

Because I started looking and could not stop. Katie's bday is July 10. In 2012, she was going to be at camp on her birthday. So, being the nice, sensitive, compassionate mom that I am, I threatened for months (starting in January) I was going to Kings Island on her birthday.

I met Katelynn that day and her mom Amber. Changed my life meeting them. I still keep in touch with them.

Posted Image

Some kid in line at Diamondback.

Posted Image

Random kid outside the restroom:

Posted Image

My friend Corey:

Posted Image

The dinosaur:

Posted Image

Me and Snoopy:

Posted Image

Ed Alonzo. He was truly awesome. He signed it "where are you?!" I told him I would bring her back on Saturday.

Posted Image

So we went back on Saturday. I walked up to him and said I was here earlier in the week, he responds, "where's the birthday girl?" Then told her how mean I am. :)

Posted Image

• Like 3

Random 2012 pics:

Katie and a friend.

Posted Image

What can I say, we love Ed

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Katie and Sydney

Posted Image

Katie and her poopy dog

Posted Image

Shawn and Gus (Psych) errr Katie and Shyanne:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And we have been blessed to "win" a giant prize. I told Katie IF she won, she would have to carry it herself. I truly did not think she would win.

Posted Image

She plowed into people.

Posted Image

She got upset with me, I could not stop laughing.

Posted Image

2000 Saturn Station Wagon. We had to lay the back seat down.

Posted Image

It is huge.

Posted Image

It was a lot of work for them lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 6

More 2012:

Eat more cow!

Posted Image

Dinosaurs apparently are obedient to signs to not eat people:

Posted Image

Workers didn't say anything.

Posted Image

Not my child:

Posted Image

My mom is 4 ft 9. Had to get this for her.

Posted Image

Storm on the way. Cool pic though

Posted Image

Can't wait for next season

Posted Image

Nothing like having a monkey on your back

Posted Image

• Like 5

2011 was very bad year health wise for me. I rode very few rides due to excessive pain, at times resorting to being pushed in a wheelchair. The scariest ride in the park is being pushed in a wheelchair by a 14 year old.

Very happy. This ride was stuck for quite a bit. Thankfully my daughter was not on this ride. Of course she was in line and rode it as soon as it started going again.

eje7ysy8.jpg

She rode this several times this trip.

yse9uran.jpg

Cute show, I got a rock:

ytazade2.jpgejute7am.jpg9etugamu.jpgy7ehave2.jpg

• Like 3

2013 THE night of the year!!! Banshee announcement August 8, 2013.

Posted Image

July 5. Katie and her friend Sarah ate insane amounts of cotton candy this day. The only time either of my children got sick at the park.

Posted Image

Katie n Sarah, Ed and dancers

Posted Image

Loved this show, great music selection.

Posted Image

• Like 4

1996. Had to take pics of pics.

Cody's 7th birthday!!!!

Posted Image

The man and boy on right photobombed before photo bombing was cool. :). Left to right are godsons Jason (now 22) Nick (now 24) and my son Cody (now 24).

Posted Image

Trying to get brave...and taller

Posted Image

How things have changed!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not a great pic, but a favorite. Adventure Express. Closest to me on right is my son. The one on the left is Jason. The one in front of Jay is Nick. As we are getting ready to get in line, Nick asks me if this is a scary ride. I pointed to Vortex. I said, see that ride? He says yes. I say that ride does not scare me, so no, *I* do not find this ride scary at all.

Well it convinced him to get on the ride. (That and his mom bribed him with Smurf ice cream that he has yet to receive.) the entire ride Nick screams at the top of his lungs, "LORA LIED TO ME!!!!!" (No, I didn't. You asked me if I thought the ride was scary, not if I though YOU would find it scary) bwahaha

Posted Image

• Like 12

Not sure why, but I didn't take many pics at Cedar Point. June 2013. I think it is partly because I went to be a chaperone for our youth group. The rule was a group of three if all boys or all girls. If mixed group, then an adult must be present. I ended up with 8 kids in my group. I was told next trip they want me to go because I let them be teens and they had fun. (You can be a Christian and have a blast!) awesome group of kids. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 6

Dollywood 2009

We arrived at the park and our first stop is the restroom. I go to wash my hands, I was welcomed by this:

dagesapa.jpg

Ironically, she loves owls now.

y4yva6en.jpgyjyreju5.jpg3e5u4e8y.jpgnubatebe.jpge2amaqyz.jpg

Love the eagle habitat

aze8epuv.jpg

I was told this is going away (or has gone away). I thought this was fun.

dy4usazy.jpgda3y9ama.jpga2e9abed.jpg

• Like 5

I hate spiders too.

Thank you all. I am positive I have more pics. Just not sure where. We had a house fire in 2005 and I lost a lot of pics and things I collected. I am thankful that the kids weren't hurt and it was not major damage like it could have been so losing photos and collectibles is minimal. (I still have more than a 55 gallon container of pics. Just not all that I had).

I added a couple pics on the random pics. I found a few more pics on photobucket. It is dated 2008 as the date uploaded. My daughter seems short though. It is between 2005-2008.

Posted Image

A Santa wannabe

Posted Image

I have one good pic

Posted Image

I have several awesome pics - she apparently had discovered the water behind her

Posted Image

Can't believe he did not get her first. He is normally a little quicker on the take then that.

Posted Image

I am so happy for pics that capture "them"

Posted Image

Before.

Posted Image

During.

Posted Image

Not sure why the face. He's rode coaster since he was little. The expression cracks me up.

Posted Image

Peace

Posted Image

• Like 4

Really cool photo's! What kind of spider is that? Yuck, I hate spiders. :wacko:

I will try to awnser your question, at least roughly. It's a blurry picture, but I'm 90% sure that's some form of Wolf Spider. They are big and scary looking, and their bites hurt, but they are not "deadly" like Black Widow Spiders (and even then I'm using "deadly" generously, if you are bitten by a Black Widow it will hurt like heck but the odds of dying with proper medical treatment are very low). And in these parts (Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, Kentucky, etc.) they are fairly common so that's what I'd go with.

McSalsa, who was also afraid of spiders in the past, but did research on them and now is simply "curious" and finds them interesting. Still just a wee bit creepy, though...

• Like 2

I love old pictures! I was laughing so hard seeing them try to take that giant stuffed animal prize up the steps! Does it need its own bedroom?

She has a decent size room (Katie shares the room with Bruno the gorilla), but it does get in the way. If she gets her room clean, I will take a pic.

I don't know if I have laughed more at her winning that thing as she carried it through the park. I did not know how truly large the thing was until she started carrying it. I mean I thought it was big, but man it's huge!

I did not think about it not fitting into the car because I had a 2000 Saturn Station wagon so no problem. WRONG!

We got home late that night so we left him in the car. Two of my neighbors were trying to figure out what we had got wedged in the car, then tried to figure out why we had it. (They are aware we are a little peculiar.)

Getting it from the game to the car was work (for her). Getting it inside equally hard.

• Like 2

Thank you for the inside information from a winning family. Now I know to never, ever allow my kids to play a game with the potential of such a prize. If they won that, we'd have to leave a kid at the park! Oh, wait, they'd probably enjoy that.

When we were kids, my brother won a really big animal, but it was nowhere near as big as yours. It was just like a hard foam covered in fabric, not even enjoyable. Is your gorilla guy soft and cuddly?

• Like 3