Coastermania 2014

^Cups of water were attached to sides of the cars. People with the least amount of water when they came back were eliminated...

I'm not sure exactly how the whole contest was carried out, but all I know is that 200 or so people participated, 10 people walked away winning Platinum passes, and it was't over until 11:30 am, as it probably too a long time to narrow the down the winners...

EDIT: Fixed :)

• Like 4

My first time attending CoasterMania was certainly a lot of fun, albeit very tiring. Spending 17 consecutive hours in an amusement park is an experience.

I really enjoyed the gourmet lunch (including grilled ribs, grilled chicken, fresh salsa, shrimp and scallops), the excellent free cruise on the Jet Express, and walk-on rides after midnight. BeastForever and I were among the very few guests marathoning Maverick after midnight. Top Thrill Dragster was closed for maintenance, so the Millennium Force crew stayed open from 7:25am until 12:30am for us.

• Like 5

I had a blast at my first CoasterMania! Got in plenty of rides on Magnum, Millennium Force, and Maverick especially (a good portion of them being front-row night rides!). Also rode Gemini, WT, Raptor, Gatekeeper, Mine Ride, Antique Cars, Blue Streak, Mean Streak, Power Tower, Shoot the Rapids, Sky Ride, Skyhawk throughout the course of the day.

Took lots of great photos also. This is one is just scratching the surface:

IMG_0334_zps498a77ca.jpg

A special thanks to Cedar Point and management for putting on this wonderful event each year. Everything from the gourmet lunch, to the free merchandise (all things they did not HAVE to do for us), I thank them very much for.

• Like 8