Ark encounter

westcoaster

I'd actually like this place to succeed. I'd like to visit because I think it would be an interesting attraction.

I read the posted article and found it to be a little mean spirited. Not sure what the author of the article has against creationists, but it was clearly evident that the found this whole project to be a joke.

^

Mark Joseph Stern is a Slate contributor. He writes about science, the law, and LGBT issues.

As you know, now in the United States we cannot have differing opinions on a given matter. Instead we must cut anyone that disagrees with us down at the knees. Mr. Stern is just using his 'mean spirit' as the axe.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what the author of the article has against creationists, but it was clearly evident that the found this whole project to be a joke.

Well, he most likely has the same problems that myself and most every other "non believer" has against them.

That was nothing personal and not an attack by any means.

Just like what happened with the Creation Museum "Nah, it won't work out, it's too biblical and boring." Have you even seen the Creation Museum? That place rakes in the money from guests and STILL has free days. To be honest, it bypasses the Art Museum, even the Union Terminal! If anything, this place will exceed the Museum! It has the support of Christians (most), which if I do remember is a good chunk of the USA, and isn't there a Bible belt somewhere 'round there? BB1, a devout Christian, who will frequent the park, besides, it is (one of)my favorite time periods in HIStory!

• Like 7

Just like what happened with the Creation Museum "Nah, it won't work out, it's too biblical and boring." Have you even seen the Creation Museum? That place rakes in the money from guests and STILL has free days. To be honest, it bypasses the Art Museum, even the Union Terminal! If anything, this place will exceed the Museum! It has the support of Christians (most), which if I do remember is a good chunk of the USA, and isn't there a Bible belt somewhere 'round there? BB1, a devout Christian, who will frequent the park, besides, it is (one of)my favorite time periods in HIStory!

I've never been to the Creation Museum. I have heard it is amazing. My daughter has been with her youth group. I need to go there one day minus her - she rush through it and I want to take my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never been to the Creation Museum. I have heard it is amazing. My daughter has been with her youth group. I need to go there one day minus her - she rush through it and I want to take my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go on Christmas Eve! It's free and a great time!

I see "ethancoaster" removed his post. I came here through my e-mail to respond to it. I'll respond anyway. For those of us who believe in the bible, we believe that we are living in the last days. The bible says that the last days will be like in the days of Noah. That people will be participating in things that God finds unpleasing. The guy from the article wasn't necessarily "judging" anyone. He was just stating what he believed the bible was saying. Now if you don't believe in the bible, then you won't agree with him. And that is your right.

• Like 1

My favorite encounter with an Ark was at Kennywood. Being that I'm a man of faith who knows his Bible pretty darn well, I'm not sure how "biblically correct" the Kennywood Ark is, but I loved it.

If any park relatively close builds something like that, they have one guaranteed ticket sale here.

• Like 5

If I believed only in what I've been able to see, feel and hear for myself, I wouldn't have any faith at all.

My teachers taught me how to combine shapes on paper to form logical patterns that can be understood by others as language, and I believed them. Faith.

They taught me American history and I believed them, though I never stepped foot in Philadelphia or Concord, or even Washington, D.C. in my entire lifetime. Faith.

I've been taught that the Grand Canyon was carved out of the American Southwest by the Colorado River over millions of years, and I believed them, though I've only been alive since 1969, and have only flown over the thing in a passenger plane a couple of times. Faith.

I did witness, however, another canyon, with many features very similar to the Grand, being formed one afternoon in May of 1980. I mean, that wasn't a million years or anything, but at least I've lived long enough to watch one form more quickly... than I've been taught it takes. But that was mostly on TV. I've never been to Mt. Saint Helens. Faith.

Nah, I don't believe they'll build it. I haven't seen enough evidence to form an opinion of whether or not it can, or will. ... Faith.

• Like 5

If I believed only in what I've been able to see, feel and hear for myself, I wouldn't have any faith at all.

My teachers taught me how to combine shapes on paper to form logical patterns that can be understood by others as language, and I believed them. Faith.

They taught me American history and I believed them, though I never stepped foot in Philadelphia or Concord, or even Washington, D.C. in my entire lifetime. Faith.

I've been taught that the Grand Canyon was carved out of the American Southwest by the Colorado River over millions of years, and I believed them, though I've only been alive since 1969, and have only flown over the thing in a passenger plane a couple of times. Faith.

I did witness, however, another canyon, with many features very similar to the Grand, being formed one afternoon in May of 1980. I mean, that wasn't a million years or anything, but at least I've lived long enough to watch one form more quickly... than I've been taught it takes. But that was mostly on TV. I've never been to Mt. Saint Helens. Faith.

Nah, I don't believe they'll build it. I haven't seen enough evidence to form an opinion of whether or not it can, or will. ... Faith.

I love this response. People don't often stop to realize how much we actually take in just on faith. Some people ask me, "How can you believe in God, or in creation...were you there to see it happen?" My answer is no, I wasn't there, but I have faith. My response, "How can you believe in evolution? Have you ever seen something evolve into something else? Were you there to witness the 'Big Bang' or see the first creature crawl out of the the ooze?" Nope. They take that on faith as well. Without faith, most of us wouldn't believe anything at all.

• Like 7

Under normal circumstances, I would have my doubts but this group has been extremely successful with their museum. I don't live too far from it, so I've been meaning to check it out. I think there is the possibility of enjoying it whether it is in line with your beleifs or not. I could learn a lot from going to a Buddhist museum, and I'm not Buddhist....

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I do not see this succeeding at all. I have nothing to against people of faith but this would cater to such a specific audience and alienates the rest. I would visit if it did not try to send a message and instead could just be a cool themed area, but I would not be able to give money to that group and I know I am not the only one.

I do not see this succeeding at all. I have nothing to against people of faith but this would cater to such a specific audience and alienates the rest. I would visit if it did not try to send a message and instead could just be a cool themed area, but I would not be able to give money to that group and I know I am not the only one.

I'm pretty sure the Creation Museum is meant for religious visitors. If there wasn't a message, then it would be pretty pointless. Why would you go anyway?

• Like 3

Is it part of the Creation Museum? I thought it was separate. I would go because I, too, find the era fascinating and would love an immersive experience themed towards it. I would not, however, love to hear that gays and scientists seeking answers instead of accepting "the word" translated several times from men thousands of years ago as fact are bringing about the end of times. I guess that was the thought in the dark ages and earlier though, so it would be immersive. So again, I would not go and neither will a slew of other people. Thats the issue with basing a business on polarizing beliefs (though it has not hurt churches but that is much different). This is not meant to be an attack but an explanation of why I feel this will fail.