Kings Dominion 2014

From KDs Facebook:

On the 4th day of Christmas, #KD40 gave to me: A look at Ruby, the 40th Celebration custom painted Carousel horse. We’re getting our first drawing of what Ruby will look like once she’s completely restored and added back to the park’s historic Carousel in April. A local Richmond artist is restoring Ruby, which is part of a multi-year project to restore and repaint all of the horses on the Carousel.

ZXn17Ww.jpg

(Photo From KDs Facebook)

• Like 9

Should someone tell KD that the 12 days of Christmas doesn't actually start for another week +???

Otherwise, I like the theme and what they've revealed so far. I'd love to see KI get a little nostalgia love spread across the park next season. Doubful KI gets anything "major" considering the size, scope and cost of Banshee, but a handful of small projects across the park could go a long way towards kindling "the best day of the summer"

• Like 8

From KDs Facebook:

On the 4th day of Christmas, #KD40 gave to me: A look at Ruby, the 40th Celebration custom painted Carousel horse. We’re getting our first drawing of what Ruby will look like once she’s completely restored and added back to the park’s historic Carousel in April. A local Richmond artist is restoring Ruby, which is part of a multi-year project to restore and repaint all of the horses on the Carousel.

ZXn17Ww.jpg

(Photo From KDs Facebook)

I honestly can't even remember where the carousel is at KD, but this is good news!

• Like 1

The nature of business is such that it's highly unlikely. I think it is most likely that at some point Six Flags and Cedar Fair will merge. Barring that, I can see Disney or Universal's owner (whoever THAT may be at the time) acquiring Cedar Fair. Currently, the limited partnership structure, after Mr. Dick Kinzel's attempt to sell out the unitholders (while saving a King's ransom for himself and his family) will make any sale or merger difficult.

• Like 3

One could only imagine what would be happening at Kings Dominion with Disney dollars investing in the infrastructure. They could still expand into the regional seasonal park business if the mouse in charge so delights to do so. One would also wonder if their outrageous ticket and parking pricing would follow too?

• Like 1

i've always wondered.... when Paramount was selling the parks, they sent out a survey asking us who we would want to buy the parks, Universal, Six Flags, Busch, Cedar Fair or Disney.... do you think they were all a-courtin Paramount and Cedar Fair offered the biggest doury? Or do you think that was only a smoke screen...diversion if you will...with CF being the only bidder? I'm curious if there is a listing of bidders for public view somewhere?

• Like 1

Memories I'd like to see return to Kings Island....Hanna Barbera characters, Enchanted Voyage, Kenton Cove Keelboat Canal, Salt Water Circus, Drunken Barrels, Sky Ride, TUMBLE BUG AND CUDDLE UP!!! Glockenspiel, WATER FEATURES THROUGHOUT THE PARK - for examples the Fountain in front of Festhause, in front of skeeball, tower gardens, and the only river in Rivertown....big plus....the fountains near The Beast (not the whole pond, just the fountains, into new structures of course....all of the unique plantings...the worlds largest hanging basket, the manicured trees and shrubs....Broadway style shows....and I'm certain I can name more later after I've thought about it.

• Like 2

i've always wondered.... when Paramount was selling the parks, they sent out a survey asking us who we would want to buy the parks, Universal, Six Flags, Busch, Cedar Fair or Disney.... do you think they were all a-courtin Paramount and Cedar Fair offered the biggest doury? Or do you think that was only a smoke screen...diversion if you will...with CF being the only bidder? I'm curious if there is a listing of bidders for public view somewhere?

To my knowledge, it has never been publicly divulged who did or did not bid for the Paramount Parks.

• Like 1