You Know It's the Off Season When...

Ride On_17

When you consider driving from 2 hours away just to see the park standing there, inactive, in all it's beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you would drive from 4 hours away just to do exactly the same thing. I'd be more likely to do this with CP instead since it's only an hour and a half, but still...

Coaster enthusiasts are crazy. In a good way.

And welcome to KIC!

• Like 9

....when you find yourself listening to music that reminds you of past seasons or that you hear while at the park.

Shadow Of The Day and Leave Out All The Rest by Linkin Park seems to be the songs that remind me of the 2013 season.

Wonder what's on the playlist for this year.

I have a Kings Island playlist featuring Song 2 by Blur, Right Now by Van Halen, Arrival to Earth from the Transformers OST, We Built Our Own World from the Inception OST, and SS Lost-tanic from the LOST Soundtrack.

Bonus points if you know why each of those songs remind me of KI. Almost all of them should be very, very easy.

• Like 5

...when you become slightly frantic over bidding on a Tomb Raider: The Ride poster on eBay because

1.) it's Tomb Raider: The Ride,

2.) it's next to impossible to find any Tomb Raider: The Ride merchandise online, and

3.) you don't really bother to check eBay for this kind of stuff during the summer because it doesn't really cross your mind to do so until Christmas.

(I won, by the by! :D )

• Like 10

....when you find yourself listening to music that reminds you of past seasons or that you hear while at the park.

Shadow Of The Day and Leave Out All The Rest by Linkin Park seems to be the songs that remind me of the 2013 season.

Wonder what's on the playlist for this year.

I have a Kings Island playlist featuring Song 2 by Blur, Right Now by Van Halen, Arrival to Earth from the Transformers OST, We Built Our Own World from the Inception OST, and SS Lost-tanic from the LOST Soundtrack.

Bonus points if you know why each of those songs remind me of KI. Almost all of them should be very, very easy.

I know Right Now by Van Halen is Drop Tower's queue music, but I'm lost on the other few. I got my parents mad when we were watching Indiana Jones, and every time one of the songs came on I was like, "That's in Adventure Express's queue!"

• Like 3

I still don't know why they call it a drive box...you're not driving anything :P

One little difference between the parks haha

Any pics looking towards the Gondola. I only ever experienced TR:TR once, then three times during the Crypt years...But the ride always intrigued me. I like seeing details you normally don't see. Take DT at CP for instance, the ride is boring, pain in the ass to run, smells, and annoying. However, going inside and doing a trough walk with lights on, man lots of fun

Pics when you get it!

As requested (this may or may not end up sideways; TinyPic's being weird):

2djz9yv.png

Sorry for the weird angle; the lighting was such that a straight-on picture would have had my silhouette in the middle of a really bright glare.

You would probably die if you knew the TRTR crap I have.

That's a safe bet. :lol: Thanks for the picture! If you feel inclined to share any more, they'd definitely be appreciated.

• Like 6