You Know It's the Off Season When...

Ride On_17

When most of your friends who have never been to Kings Island can name the height, speed, and stats of all KI coasters just from being around you when you talk about them.

As for how I can possibly be friends with people who have never been to KI, I'm not totally sure. Sometimes we all make poor judgement, I guess ;)

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

When you get followed by MaXound Paint Rave on Twitter. Yep, I'm totally planning on going to a rave soon. And one with neon paint. :rolleyes:

I hate when I get followed by random people/groups. But they usually correspond to what I tweet about which I find creepy. Like in this case, I just tweeted about having a fun night cosmic bowling and immediately after, I get followed by some paint rave. I guess they somehow saw I tweeted about cosmic bowling and assumed "Oh, this person must like bright neon things and having fun, so let's follow him." It's almost like these pages are stalking people and following whoever posts anything slightly related to their subject. Occasionally I end up following back the page the followed me if it's Ohio State or amusement park related, but I have one simple solution for all the others: Block!

• Like 2

When you don't know when SFA opens, nor do you particularly care (even if it is only 17 miles away), but you know darn well when your two most favorite large corporate regional seasonal (SIX consecutive FUN adjectives, Jonathan) parks open: NJFTP, April 12, and Kings Island, April 18.

As for Big Droppy Thing, I hear a Banshee wailing. Or is it me? :)

• Like 12

When during the rare, one-day breaks of 70°+ weather, while working on your truck, you hear a summertime song, and the aroma of grease blending with that of sunscreen and someone's nearby barbecue lets you close your eyes and imagine being on Vortex. Dang this cabin fever! Dang it to heck!

• Like 9

When you random blurt out different park spiels that you have heard so many times that you have them memorized.

"Alright Stunt Crew now listen up, as with any driving stunt safety first so stay seated with your head against the head rest and your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times. Secure any loose articles are leave them with the crew before we roll."

• Like 13

^^Sorry but I think it's actually... "Ok stunt team, listen up. As with any driving stunt, safety first. So stay seated, keep your head against the headrest, and your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. Secure all loose articles, or leave them, with the crew, before we roll."

But you got almost all of that anyway. :P

• Like 4

^^Sorry but I think it's actually... "Ok stunt team, listen up. As with any driving stunt, safety first. So stay seated, keep your head against the headrest, and your hands and arms inside the brioche at all times. Secure all loose articles, or leave them, with the crew, before we roll."

But you got almost all of that anyway. :P

Say what?!? :P

• Like 4