You Know It's the Off Season When...

Ride On_17

• 2 weeks later...

^^Sorry but I think it's actually... "Ok stunt team, listen up. As with any driving stunt, safety first. So stay seated, keep your head against the headrest, and your hands and arms inside the brioche at all times. Secure all loose articles, or leave them, with the crew, before we roll."

But you got almost all of that anyway. :P

Say what?!? :P

What the spellcheck...

I just looked up brioche. It's... Bread.

• Like 9

When you're making sure you are remembering when every single one of your park visits have taken place, as well as the "anniversaries" of visits taken at least a year ago.

For example, yesterday (April 3) was the one year anniversary of my first (and currently only) Dollywood trip, and next Thursday (April 10) will be the two year anniversary of my first and also only trip to Kings Dominion. I was watching all of my Dollywood videos today, and I'm kind of beginning to miss the place!

Also, for that matter, April 27 (the Sunday after Easter Sunday) will be the one year anniversary of the very first Opening Day I ever went to!

• Like 10

^This past week marks the 1 year anniversary from my very first Disney World and Universal trip. One year ago today I was at the Magic Kingdom and had the great honor of marching in the Main Street Electrical Parade with my marching band. That was one of the best experiences of my life and I will never forget it.

• Like 7

When you've been to the park the past 3 weeks (4 tomorrow) for job interviews, processing, orientation, and training sessions. It literally seems like a ghost town during the offseason.

On another note, I went to the park today with my sister for her job interview and I saw Diamondback testing! Just thought I'd share that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

As posted elsewhere, my first park visit and coaster rides were longer ago than I am old. I am told it was...wait for it...sensational.

My wife was a week or two pregnant with our son when we were at Universal. She obviously did not know that at the time. But my son has already rode the following: Hulk, Spiderman, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, the dueling dragon fight ride, and a host of others.....

• Like 13

When you start singing "It's a Small World", en francais!

When you begin to countdown how many days there are until Opening Day.

When you actually plan on what you are going to wear for Opening Day (First time ironically).

When you start to "ready up" your camera for 2014.

^^ If you have the audio file that I have, the track is split so that the music is on the right side and the voice is on the left. You can split the audio in certain computer programs. Thanks to that, I've got a text ringtone of just the voice of "now you will pay".

That also means that I have to switch my phone to vibrate every time I go to the bathroom. I have a recurring fear of having some voice say "NOW YOU WILL PAY" when there are other people in the bathroom and it's quiet.

• Like 7

^^ If you have the audio file that I have, the track is split so that the music is on the right side and the voice is on the left. You can split the audio in certain computer programs. Thanks to that, I've got a text ringtone of just the voice of "now you will pay".

That also means that I have to switch my phone to vibrate every time I go to the bathroom. I have a recurring fear of having some voice say "NOW YOU WILL PAY" when there are other people in the bathroom and it's quiet.

I have the same file. I merged them to mono for the ringtone, but if (or more likely, when) the Banshee scream becomes particularly irritating, I may set my text alert to just the "NOW YOU WILL PAY" part as you described.

...especially worrisome at Camden Park, with its pay toilets.

There are actual parks that are that cruel? I thought that only happened in Roller Coaster Tycoon...

• Like 1