You Know It's the Off Season When...

Ride On_17

You know it's off season when you load the car with people and you tell them...."keep your hands, arms and feet inside the vehicle at all time. Secure all loose articles. You may hand loose articles to an attendant but we are not responsible for them. Remember to keep your head against the headrest throughout your journey. Now sit up straight, hold on tight and enjoy the ride!" Then when you get home "welcome back riders....how was your ride?"

• Like 13

...I'm searching eBay daily for KI souveniers.

I just bought a pair of Kings Island yearbooks. I have no idea exactly what they are yet, but the single picture looks like they're like high school yearbooks, only presumably for the park employees. Do they still do these every year? Anyone who worked there before have any info?

I guess I'll find out more soon enough when they get here :)

That's exactly what they are. I don't know if they're still doing that, but they were when I worked at the park in 2005.

• Like 3

When you repeat the Kings Island closing announcements/Haunt closing announcements when the establishment where you work is closing for the night (like I did tonight!)

And for those wondering, I don't believe they do employee yearbooks anymore (I've worked there 2006-2010; 2013-2014), or if they have, I don't know anything about them...

• Like 3

I worked at the park from 1989-2004 (then again 2008-2014). I don't remember them doing yearbooks in that first 16 year stretch, although I could very well be wrong. That's happened a lot to me lately. The 2nd period of time has only been Haunt, so I'm not necessarily privy to everything that is offered to the regular seasonal associates.

However, when I worked upstairs in the Operations building in the early 00's, there were two yearbooks from the early- to mid-1980's that were there. It was fun to look through them to see managers that were working there at the time back when they were seasonal associates themselves, looking at the old costumes and styles, and I even saw my Grandma in them (she worked in the Executive Kitchen in the 1970's and later worked in Housekeeping, cleaning the offices until about 1992 or so).

Hopefully Magenta Lizard will let us know what years the yearbooks that she bought on eBay cover once she gets them.

• Like 3

When you eat LaRosa's pizza and are reminded of Dollar Days when you went to the park to just to eat and see shows.

I don't know about you, but when I'm eating LaRosa's outside the park, I'm reminded how much better it is than it is in the park, especially with the added selection of their hoagies and calzones.

• Like 4

When you eat LaRosa's pizza and are reminded of Dollar Days when you went to the park to just to eat and see shows.

I don't know about you, but when I'm eating LaRosa's outside the park, I'm reminded how much better it is than it is in the park, especially with the added selection of their hoagies and calzones.

But you could have the taste of Kings Island! Get that pizza, and those breadsticks, with your drink of choice. I get what I would at the park during the off season, to cope with the withdrawal.
  • Like 2

But you could have the taste of Kings Island! Get that pizza, and those breadsticks, with your drink of choice. I get what I would at the park during the off season, to cope with the withdrawal.

Seriously, try their other products. You'll thank yourself.

• Like 3