You Know It's the Off Season When...

Ride On_17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

For me, KIC becomes Kings Island during the off-season.  My mind goes to my favorite table at the Festhaus patio (the one with the perfect view of Delirium and Banshee, as well as seeing all the happy, amazed faces of new guests emerging from the canopy of the trees, all awestruck by their first views of those awesome KI rides), and the conversation and fellowship on this site bridges the long, winter months perfectly!

• Like 13

When you arrive home and come upon a Christmas rush as "When KI closes, Christmas opens!". *

* Note that i usually take a few days after Halloween to finish celebrating then put up Christmas decor (occasionally withHalloween decor for a bit of Nightmare Before Christmas flare!).

• Like 4

...when swimming season starts. There was a meeting during lunch today for those interested in swimming, and there's the winter sports meeting on Thursday. First practice of the season is November 9 at 7 p.m.; I will be starting my third year on the Xenia Christian varsity swim team.

It makes the next four months go by a little more quickly (along with Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, my birthday, school musical auditions/rehearsals, and of course the Photo Contest!).

• Like 5