You Know It's the Off Season When...

Ride On_17

LOL! My mom would overload the Christmas tree with tinsel. I mean, it was on sale for ten cents a box, so by golly she was going to use it all! So, with our chrome "Cousin Itt" dangling literally thousands of invitations for a cat attack, ours, too, was a tree that seldom stayed in the ideal, upright position!

• Like 3

When you actually spend time on KIC because it is your link to all things amusement park related.

I have noticed that I do spend a significantly more time here in the offseason...

In The Loop is a good way to see a good chunk of amuesement park news if you spend a fair amount of time on Youtube also during the off season.

• Like 3

When you start to dream about the park. Seriously. Last night, I dreamed I was at the park for what was possibly a preview day-thing. None of the rides were open, but I started in the kids area (don't remember what the theming was) and walked to the front gate and somehow there were elevators right next to the entrance, which I presumed (in the dream) is where the Eiffel Tower was. I then walked towards what is now Action Zone and saw Drop Tower and The Bat off in the distance. I then made a left and went inside the new Congo Grille eatery, which was next to Congo Falls. I didn't try any of the food, but you could order at a semi-circular bar counter and there were some kids "rides" (like in the sense of a motorized rocking horse ride you'd see at the outside of a store- there was a car thing that spun around) in the corner opposite the bar counter. I think there were also at least one TV screen. Overall, I noticed there were a considerable amount of people in the park, even though nothing was open.

• Like 6

When you go to the guest pick-up and drop-off at the front of the parking lot, only to discover orange-and-white barrels, piles of bulldozer-moved earth and rubble and realize that a place that you've gone to, across the 43 years of your 46 that you can remember. and you shed a tear, remembering all the times - many, many, many times you went there, just to watch fireworks, or meet friends, or get dropped off/picked up, can only exist in your memory now. It's a small thing, but it's a small thing packed with precious memories, conversations, anticipations, entire pivotal moments; it's beyond words.

• Like 15

And the 'luxury apartments' across the street? Did you resort to looking inn over there?

I did. It was mostly intact, albeit chained-in and starting to become overgrown. I have a feeling that the property will become a learning and cultural center, perhaps another Crossroads, or an expansion of the ICGC or Temlpe of Sri Baba, and not residential housing as has been discussed.

• Like 4

Geez... I can't believe it's been over a year since I became an enthusiast. I remember my first night ride on The Beast so vividly, me being terrified to go on Diamondback and feeling like I was on top of the world when we hit the brake run. That was last October... And with that, my first full season as an enthusiast has practically come to an end. Two more days left on my part, but offseason is still here because the park that is dearest to my heart is closed for the winter. See you next spring KI.

• Like 10