You Know It's the Off Season When...

Ride On_17

When you're driving down U.S. 42 South, descending the hill approaching the State Route 48 junction, and you see WindSeeker, Eiffel Tower and Drop Tower on the horizon which triggers a flood of memories of all the wonderful excursions you've enjoyed at the Island (which of course reveals your longing for April 15th to come around)...

When you look on the Kings Island website and rejoice upon noticing "Park Opens April 15th" in the "Kings Island Hours" widget near the top of the page...

When you install a countdown app on your phone and enter Opening Day as an event. 97 days to survive enjoy!

• Like 7

^ I've never noticed that you can see those rides from there! I come through that way every time I drive to Kings Island, and the furthest north I've ever seen them from is just after getting on I-71 from State Route 48. I'll have to pay closer attention next time I drive that way. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

When I count down not only the days until Opening Day (78), but also the number of days until the other days when I plan to return to Kings Island for processing (43), orientation (50), Rides General Knowledge class (57), and location training (date unknown at this time so no countdown yet). I'm still on Cloud Nine about the fact that the Kings Island Rides Department hired me two days ago and that I now have a job...the "Best Job Ever," to be exact! ;)

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Reon said:

Not to mention I basically live a 10 minute drive from the park in Mason. Almost had an apartment with a view right on Kings Mill, but that place had no vacancies...

wow lol i'd be so tempted to be there all the time if i was that close. esp with a season pass lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Reon said:

Not to mention I basically live a 10 minute drive from the park in Mason. Almost had an apartment with a view right on Kings Mill, but that place had no vacancies...

While i was in college in Mason, i had an apartment where i could see the Nightly Fireworks each night, but not the park itself. One of my friends actually stayed in the neighborhood, right up near The Beast and contrary to myself, was not a fan of nightly fireworks .

• Like 1

When I see/hear something that remotely reminds me of Kings Island and "Best Job Ever" gets stuck in my head.

Also, I've found myself "practicing" things I'll likely be doing a lot on my #KIBestJob (thanks, WailsLikeABanshee :P) -- in fact, just a few minutes ago after reading the 2017 2018 2019 thread I was saying, "Welcome back, WindSeekers; how was your flight?"

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

When you move into Island Club because it has a view of the park, and you start designing your dining room accordingly...

The tower decal I got at Menard's.  I'm having photos of Banshee and Diamondback from last season blown up into box-canvas paintings at FedEx Office, and I'm going to hang them on either side of the mirror. We also have candles whose fragrances are like those in the park during the summer.  When family comes over this season, I want them to feel the excitement of being near the park the night before. Still a work in progress, but a dream-come-true. Yeah, big fan here. :D

KI room.jpg

• Like 16

^Not really.  The forecast isn't that accurate from this far off.  Wait until, like, 2 days before opening day to get a more accurate reading.  

silver2005, who took a weather based geology class in college as an elective and aced the class. ;)

• Like 3

I think I was spazzing out over hearing the lift chain for Mystic Timbers over the guy in front of the new funnel cake stand. And then when you see he is distracted by... something... behind the camera :) (although upon rewatching I may have been imagining things)

I was cursing Nick, or whoever was filming, for so carefully avoiding capturing Mr T in the window reflection!

• Like 1

When I listen to Adele's "Send My Love (To Your New Lover)" multiple times a day purely because I have associated it to Kings Island thanks to the numerous times I have heard it there.

I even have it associated with a specific moment I somehow remember vividly: ~10 minutes before park closing on Labor Day 2016, when I was sipping Minute Maid lemonade from my newly refilled souvenir cup while walking past a 2-9 Vortex on the way to WindSeeker to take my last flight of the evening. :)

• Like 4

When you delete Pokémon Go from your phone in December to make more space available, yet re-download it in April knowing that in just a matter of days you can once again take advantage of KI's numerous PokeStops and easily walk far enough to hatch some eggs!

-BFF, who re-downloaded Go two days ago for this very reason. :)

• Like 7