You Know It's the Off Season When...

Ride On_17

...when you keep refreshing your job email inbox so you see the next email from KI's HR department regarding your job on-boarding process as soon as possible!

And last night I had a dream that I was responding to a technical delay at Vortex. I'm looking forward to this summer when the temperature and humidity will soar above 90 once again in which Vortex will show just how temperamental a 31-year-old Arrow looper can be. :lol:

• Like 6

You know it's the offseason when the bleach you are cleaning with mysteriously transforms into the layout of Mystic Timbers...

The front half...

20180128_124855.jpg

The back half...

20180128_124900.jpg

Note: this was not intentional, it was subconcious, I guess...

Also, it may be hard to see as it's white on white, but it's (loosely) there.

• Like 6

I recently saw a thread like this over at PB and searched on here and didn't see anything like it. I think it could be a fun way to stay entertained during the long, cold winter while snow covers our favorite rides.
You know it's the off season when...
...you "walk" through amusement parks using Google Streetview pretending you're at the park, and you stop by the rides, restaurants, and shops in the order that you would as if you were actually there.

When you goto your local larosas and ask why the pizza and breadsticks don’t cost 17.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, KImom said:

What? When? Where???? I'm in Lexington also. :)

Skyline was announced a couple of weeks ago and I predicted LaRosa's would be added.  It will go on Richmond Road.  Saw today my prediction is true.  :)  I'm very happy about it.  I live near Harrodsburg but work in Lex.

EDIT:  to show the location detail I omitted.

Edited by jtro223
detail omitted
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

Skyline was announced a couple of weeks ago and I predicted LaRosa's would be added.  It will go on Richmond Road.  Saw today my prediction is true.  :)  I'm very happy about it.  I live near Harrodsburg but work in Lex.

EDIT:  to show the location detail I omitted.

Hopefully they'll do well off Richmond Rd. and expand out to Hamburg. I am similar to you, I live in Winchester but work in Lex...

• Like 2

@KImom According to the story on Kentucky.com today, the franchisee is going to open several more in the Lexington area.  It is the same group that runs the First Watch locations in Lexington.  I can only dream that means it will come to Danville.  haha.  The Larosa's will provide seating for around 200 people, so I think it will do well.  It'll probably be like the set up in Dry Ridge.

• Like 1

Hopefully the Larosa's and Skyline will get built quickly and successfully and stay for a long time because a couple of years ago their was a rumor that they were planning to build a Larosa's here near me in Nicholasville but it never was completed and I didnt here anything more about it. Hopefully this will prove to be successful and serve the central Kentucky area with Cincy pride! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaestroJr said:

Hopefully the Larosa's and Skyline will get built quickly and successfully and stay for a long time because a couple of years ago their was a rumor that they were planning to build a Larosa's here near me in Nicholasville but it never was completed and I didnt here anything more about it. Hopefully this will prove to be successful and serve the central Kentucky area with Cincy pride! 

That was addressed in the article.  It said construction delays caused the end of that project.  This proposal sounds much more promising.  And hello from Harrodsburg, nice to know there are people close to here!

• Like 1