You Know It's the Off Season When...

Ride On_17

I'm the opposite. I love LaRosas outside the park. It's my favorite pizza place. But inside the park, to me, it doesn't taste as good. Plus, I get an entire pizza outside the park for the price of two slices inside the park. As an even greater plus, I can double that sauce and make it a garlic crust. Nom-nom-nom!

• Like 2

You know it's the offseason when you dream about Haunt and then attempt to draw Slaughter House from memory:

20180202_065817.jpg

Now you'll notice there is a room with a question mark- this is after the switchback part and I don't remember what's there (also, I don't remember where the

goat/pig head guys come in, perhaps where the girl is?

. Perhaps Sam (@XGatorHead 8904)  could give me some guidance...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

The KIC mods are so bored they decide to do a podcast.  :D

Well it all started by sending a text message out. Hey, whats up? Nothing, you, nothing here.  How about you get on your laptop and we record an hour long podcast. Humm, sure!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

When you reminisce about Cirque Imagine and Origins, watching YouTube videos of said shows...

...and also at some point, I watched the video my mom got of when I was one of the 60 lucky passengers who got stuck on WindSeeker for three minutes on April 19, 2014. It's still the only time I have ever been stuck on a ride. However, since I dreamed a month or so ago that I would get stuck on Vortex, who knows if that will come true this year. :lol:

• Like 1

....when you start wondering how fantastic it would be if you could go back in time and tour KI through the years through a crazy weird backdated kind of Google Maps/Earth type thing to see what was where and what it all looked like from the ground rather than old aerial photos and videos.  Then you start wondering if such a thing exists.... and put it out into the KIC universe with your fingers crossed. LOL! But seriously..... anyone?

• Like 7

On 2/3/2018 at 11:32 PM, VortexBFForever said:

When you reminisce about Cirque Imagine and Origins, watching YouTube videos of said shows...

...and also at some point, I watched the video my mom got of when I was one of the 60 lucky passengers who got stuck on WindSeeker for three minutes on April 19, 2014. It's still the only time I have ever been stuck on a ride. However, since I dreamed a month or so ago that I would get stuck on Vortex, who knows if that will come true this year. :lol:

Being stuck on WindSeeker or Drop Zone both sound terrifying. I've only ever been stuck on two rides and they aren't the most intense, Boo Blasters and Adventure Express. Actually been stuck on Boo Blasters a few times, including Winterfest briefly, and it always is around the Skeleton strobe light scene but only on Adventure Express once and that was probably 10 or more years ago. It happened on the final part of the ride and I think was actually a fairly long wait to get it working again. 

• Like 3

On 2/3/2018 at 11:32 PM, VortexBFForever said:

I had no idea that even happened. Was it high or low? I was under the impression that our WindSeeker was the only that never went 29#high.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had my weekly Physics lab yesterday and it involved the ballistic pendulum (where you shoot a metal ball into an attached pendulum to see how far it swings), and I found myself yelling “Clear!” every time I pulled the string to shoot the ball. :P 

I guess I’m really excited to do the real thing at KI within just eight weeks!

• Like 10

8 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

I had my weekly Physics lab yesterday and it involved the ballistic pendulum (where you shoot a metal ball into an attached pendulum to see how far it swings), and I found myself yelling “Clear!” every time I pulled the string to shoot the ball. :P 

I guess I’m really excited to do the real thing at KI within just eight weeks!

I've found myself while on duty this past week after school has let out, yelling down the hall: "all clear!"  (Ensuring we had no additional bus students left in the halls)

• Like 7

You know it's the season...

...when you dream that on opening day you're excitedly roaming the park having a fantastic day.  All of a sudden, you realize the park is closing very soon and didn't even ride The Beast!  So you make a beeline over to Rivertown and get on the LROTN just in the nick of time and exit the ride smiling like the biggest nerd ever.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, whengodsaysgo said:

You know it's the season...

...when you dream that on opening day you're excitedly roaming the park having a fantastic day.  All of a sudden, you realize the park is closing very soon and didn't even ride The Beast!  So you make a beeline over to Rivertown and get on the LROTN just in the nick of time and exit the ride smiling like the biggest nerd ever.

Want to break down LROTN?

• Like 1