You Know It's the Off Season When...

Ride On_17

Just saw Mystic Timbers run all 3 trains. Also was watching BLSC running earlier. They sent one train out, and it didn't make it all the way up the helix. It was kind of funny to watch it get ALMOST to the top of the helix, and then roll back down it towards the station. It made it on the second launch. 

Edit: Mystic Timbers is running right this second. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, whengodsaysgo said:

It has rained in the Dayton area nonstop for four or so days.  I live on the Great Miami River and it's pretty flooded right now.

It's been really rainy here in Indiana too. Today is the first dry day this week. If it wasn't heavy rain, we had at least light drizzle nearly daily. 

• Like 1

When I read all the way through my crew's Facebook page and GroupMe chat (as well as my WinterFest crew's GroupMe chat!) out of excitement that I will get to see most of them again very soon...

...and also when I repeatedly read/study Vortex's and WindSeeker's operation manuals in preparation for my on-ride training day (9 Days!!!).

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jcgoble3 said:

When you visit the park to switch your Gold Pass card for a Platinum card, then two hours later on your way home, drive down Kings Island Drive again and get excited over seeing Delirium running.

Six more days!

Greaaaat. Now I'm gonna want to do that tomorrow while I'm switching also. LOL

• Like 3

When you are so pumped to plan your first visit this weekend!  Check out the calendar, see which date works around family obligations and whatnot...see Friday and Sat are too busy but Sunday is WIDE OPEN ...this is gonna be aweso....daa#$$%^@#@#& they are closed to the public on Sunday son of a beast dang it! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

...when at this time tommorrow, there won't be an OffSeason... Here we go... a little more than 24 hours to go!

And yes, I feel like I'll be up early tommorrow; unless it's like last year when I was late to breakfast (and, IIRC, so was everyone else) lol

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

BUMP! And with a month to spare. You're welcome. :)

When I marathon my favorite movie because I can't marathon my favorite ride. Seriously. I have already seen How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World four times in the last two weeks, and I'm about to see it a fifth time with my family next Tuesday. Like with riding Vortex, I have not gotten tired of seeing this movie! :lol:

• Like 3

You know it’s the off season when you have dreams about riding the rides at Kings Island. I have a dream that repeats all the time, but it is a good dream, and it involves the (sadly as it was my favorite ride of all time) now gone Firehawk. In this dream while on the lift hill (with the loud anti rollbacks working), the famous dragon from How to Train Your Dragon Toothless appears, and he rides the ride with me and VortexBFForever (we rode Firehawk and many rides together on my first visit to Kings Island). Somehow, Toothless followed us through every loop, and even followed us into the station for Firehawk. After the ride ops saw Toothless, and knowing nobody else wanted to ride (it was a quiet day at Kings Island in my dream), they let us ride over and over again. In my dream we rode Firehawk a total of four times in a row, all with Toothless, and all while having an amazing time (again Firehawk is my favorite ride of all time but sadly it is gone). I love having that dream! I can’t wait to go back to Kings Island in 2019! Here’s to Kings Island’s off season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3