You Know It's the Off Season When...

Ride On_17

When you're stalking the webcams, waiting and watching for the park to start testing the rides for upcoming season.  Saw them putting the BLSC thru some paces this morning.  The white train, on one of its runs, did not make it up the top of the helix hill, and actually rolled back down from where it came.  First time I'd ever seen that happen!

• Like 9

Goble: To those in the medical field, HR: heart rate.

It makes sense as Human Resources, too, though. "You want how much time off to do WHAT?! "

The Interpreter:  Funny you say this.  I just got my summer vacation request approved:  2 weekends off in June which equates to about 19 days to travel to Virginia, PA, and maybe NJ to visit parks!   Any "must see parks" besides Camden, KD and BGW?

• Like 1

Dorney is on my list. Forgive my ignorance (and I will do more detailed digging once I am finished with my last class in 8 weeks), but what about Knoebels, Waldameer and I am sure there are many other small parks in PA that I can't think of after a LONG day at work.

I'm doing a Dollywood and Carowinds trip in 8 days!  So excited!

• Like 2

Knoebels and Waldameer are both musts. Be sure to check Knoebels calendar. You do not want to go on a day when only tickets are accepted. And, they can have some funky hours.

Also consider Hersheypark, Conneaut Lake Park for a couple of hours or so IF it opens this year, Idlewild in Ligonier has a great mouse and the wonderful Rollo-Coaster, if you have spare time in New Jersey, there's Wildwood and Clementon...

• Like 4

I really enjoyed Dorney Park. They have a great Whip! Their Zephyr is a nice train ride but may not be the most comfortable for taller people.  Their Cedar Creek Flyers are a bit off the beaten track and didn't seem to get a lot of people when I visited last June. I was able to ride, exit, and ride on the next cycle. For a smaller park, they have a good mix of coasters and rides. 

Hersheypark is also a nice park. Their dueling wooden coaster is a lot of fun - try both sides. Laff Trakk was an unexpected blast. Their Whip isn't as good as Dorney's but it's okay. Their Frontier Flyers seem to go a bit higher and faster but that may just be my perception. 

Enjoy your road trip! 

• Like 2

Hershey is amazing; if you go, ride Storm Runner, Lightning Racer and Great Bear (those were my favorites at least; ymmv). Ride Skyrush for the credit (but again, ymmv). Dorney is pretty nice; they have a lot of fun coasters like Talon, Thunderhawk, Possessed, Hydra and Steel Force. Meteor is terrifying, but amazing. Hershey's Wild Mouse is better than Dorney's, imo.   

• Like 4