water park improvements

jla

I think a perfect place to add a new slide/slide complex would be in the grassy area in the vicinity of Tidal Wave Bay (the new wavepool), near the sand volleyball courts. This area is (imo) plenty big and the placement of a new slide(s) in this area could add to the skyline of the park. As for a certain type of slide, I'd like a slide where the bottom drops out (like the new one going into Kentucky Kingdom). Also, I really like the old wave pool. :)

• Like 6

Is the bottom going to drop out on Kentucky Kingdom's slide? I thought you were going to start on your back and do a sharp curve down.

I believe, if i'm not mistaken, that it is an Aqua Launch chamber (not sure if this is the actual name or if it is trademarked) where the rider stands in a vertical chamber and the ride operator releases a trapdoor that drops the rider straight down into the slide flume.

It would be nice to have for SC but the capacity is probably low and it is probably very restrictive when it comes to the type of guest that can ride it.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yea a water coaster would be nice but the price tag attached to it will be the determining factor since Banshee was just built right next door. Also, as of right now, I don't believe that CF has a water coaster in any of their outdoor waterparks. It will probably be 3-4 years before a water coaster is built; however, the reopening and expansion of KK along with the rumors of The Beach opening a new slide could put some pressure (how much I don't know but some none-the-less) on KI to invest in SC earlier than they previously would've.

• Like 2

Yea a water coaster would be nice but the price tag attached to it will be the determining factor since Banshee was just built right next door. Also, as of right now, I don't believe that CF has a water coaster in any of their outdoor waterparks. It will probably be 3-4 years before a water coaster is built; however, the reopening and expansion of KK along with the rumors of The Beach opening a new slide could put some pressure (how much I don't know but some none-the-less) on KI to invest in SC earlier than they previously would've.

I dont think the ebach new slides are rumors anymore, They said on there FB Page that They Would Be Annoucing somthing soon. Ive heard it will be 2 new slides This year. With the Removal of the old Sled Slides (From The Beach On Ice) I could see a Slide going there, And one near/where the old petting zoo was.

I dont think the ebach new slides are rumors anymore, They said on there FB Page that They Would Be Annoucing somthing soon. Ive heard it will be 2 new slides This year. With the Removal of the old Sled Slides (From The Beach On Ice) I could see a Slide going there, And one near/where the old petting zoo was.

Has it been mentioned whether the slides will be for adults or tailored to children? It seems like an awfully large expenditure for a park one year out of bankruptcy to have 2 new adult slides. I could see it being two child slides or 1 adult slide.

Has it been mentioned whether the slides will be for adults or tailored to children? It seems like an awfully large expenditure for a park one year out of bankruptcy to have 2 new adult slides. I could see it being two child slides or 1 adult slide.

Remember that the company that owns The Beach now is not the same one that filed for bankruptcy. The new owners own family entertainment centers across the nation, and as such have deeper pockets and the ability to spread the contents of those pockets around their various holdings unevenly, much like Cedar Fair might do with a big coaster here, a large flat ride there, and just general park improvements over there.

• Like 4

All water rides dont belong in a water park, having Congo Falls and Whitewater Canyon outside of it spreads them out so that guests dont have to go to the same area to cool off. I am also pretty sure Intamin requires a shirt and shoes for their water rides.

I know this was posted months back, but despite signage in the station saying otherwise, Congo Falls only requires shoes. You can ride in a speedo if you want, just as long as there's something on your feet.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

All water rides dont belong in a water park, having Congo Falls and Whitewater Canyon outside of it spreads them out so that guests dont have to go to the same area to cool off. I am also pretty sure Intamin requires a shirt and shoes for their water rides.

I know this was posted months back, but despite signage in the station saying otherwise, Congo Falls only requires shoes. You can ride in a speedo if you want, just as long as there's something on your feet.
But swim wear is not allowed as appropriate attire in the dry park...

Also Speedo is a registered trademark for a particular company's line of men's bathing suits.

• Like 2

I say, add a slide complex on top of Rendezvous Run. Make it be like Vanish Point at Water Country USA. Link: http://watercountryusa.com/en/williamsburg/attractions/vanish-point/

Also add a toilet bowl to Mondo Monsoon, and either a traditional water coaster, or a Mack Rides or Intamin Water Roller Coaster.

There is no where near enough room on Mondo's tower to host a new body slide tub let alone a raft tub. As for Run's tower, it is possible but highly unlikely. Run is already in the middle of the path so there is limited space for slide run-outs let alone a splash pool. Also significant work would have to be done on Run's pump house to allow for additional pumps and other machinery. Additionally, the steps on Run aren't very wide when everyone is carrying mats so body slides above would cause significant line problems.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also Speedo is a registered trademark for a particular company's line of men's bathing suits.

I have worn swim trunks and a swim shirt on Diamondback before and they didn't care...

• Like 1

I have worn swim trunks and a swim shirt on Diamondback before and they didn't care...

That's because the official rule has nothing to do with swimwear. It only states that shoes and shirts must be worn at all times in the park.

• Like 2

Unlikely. They're not Vekomas, but see Carowind's Flying Super Saturator and Hersheypark's Roller Soaker, which are very similar to that. I never got the chance to ride either (if I hadn't gotten strep throat the first day of our 2009 vacation I would have ridden Roller Soaker) but from what I understand they were terrible on capacity, and both are no longer operating.

I'll put it this way, Hersheypark tore Roller Soaker down for low capacity. They get no where near the attendance Kings Island gets. When they're complaining on capacity about a ride, you know it won't fit the likes of Kings Island.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The Soak City at KI is better then it has been. The Soak City at CP is the one that needs help. The Beach needs work too. A lot of inground slides and old slides. The Beach had bought 2 or 3 waterslides from the old Six Flags waterpark in Columbus about 3 or 4 years ago. They should still be sitting in the field in pieces next to the parking lot.