Beach on Ice?

EDIT: And yes, let XGatorHead 8904 regale you with the tale of The Sinking of the S.S. Gator.

I do like that story. Makes me laugh every time.

I also find it really funny that the posting of The Sinking of the S.S. Gator is becoming an annual holiday tradition around here. Like, normal forum communities probably just post wishes of safe travels for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We do that, and then it's like "Gather around, children, for it is time to tell that timeless tale of December past when Gator took a swim in The Beach's lazy river." :lol:

• Like 6

OK, you guys have me actually laughing out loud! My cubicle mates think I'm crazy!

As far as the trailer tower goes, that was a structure that existed during the construction of Diamondback. Many KICers lived there during the off-season, watching the new, glorious B&M take shape. It eventually gained sponsorship from a yellow Coca-Cola competitor, and some would argue that this sponsorship is what led to the trailer tower's ultimate demise.

Highrise-Trailer-Park.jpg

I did not live in the trailer tower, but instead had a boat docked on the Little Miami River directly behind the park. Here is a picture of said boat:

redneck_houseboat_2.jpg

This is not the famed S.S. Gator, but was instead called the S.S. Governor due to a mix-up with the painters. It was a nice place for those who did live in the trailer tower the chance to get away for some R&R, as people needed to get away from the cramped quarters of the tower from time to time.

Eventually, all traces to the trailer tower disappeared from both the park and this site, but every once in a while the legend rears its head.

(And yes, the trailer tower was a fictional community. However, to the casual reader, it did take on the appearance that we actually lived in the park during the off-season, which is more than likely what really killed the thread. It was fun while it lasted.)

And now children, gather round as we once again relive the tale that is The Sinking of the S.S. Gator.* Once upon a time, in a winter wonderland not so far away...

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15880-holiday-fest-at-the-beach-tr-122708/?p=261306

*movie rights pending

• Like 15

I was at a state park once on a lake when my paddle boat started sinking but we made it back, what happened was is paddle boats pontoons hold some watwe to balance the weight, well there are a hole by the peddles that keep water in pontoons from coming into feet area, well the holes are supposed to be plugged and if they come unpluged the water comes on to the feet area and sink you....

Now the holes arent always plugged because if the weight isnt to much the water wont come up into feet area.

• Like 1

What are you talking about? We've been set up for the last 2 months in the Trailer Tower, I have the new shack on the ground of the tower, filled with palm trees and waterpark items of yesterday. Yes, the Beach was on ice, ironically during the offseason it is on ice still, just not open to the public (technically).

• Like 2