Would you like the KI&MVRR spruced up in the next 2 years?

CP&LERR Fan

It could be possible, but may not happen in the next couple of years. A Lot of people want KI&MVRR restored to it's former glory. A couple of things they could easily do is have the bell rope on the fireman's side instead of the engineer. Since Cedar Fair purchased KI you would think they would have done something with the railroad when they bought KI. One thing I do like is the music on the train, which CP&LERR does not have. Another idea I have does not cost much for the park simply add some actors try to rob the train when only one train is in operation (reason why is it might hold up the other train leaving the station). These are some ideas I have that would not be costly too the park. Don would these be in consideration in the next couple of years?

• Like 1

Be careful what you wish for. And be glad Mr. Kinzel loved trains.

CBS came THIS close to taking the train OUT.

Many parks have. See Kings Dominion. Carowinds. And on and on.

SFOG converted their steam train to diesel. It typically pulls TWO carriages. TWO.

I am careful, and yes I'm glad mr kinzel loved trains.

• Like 3

Be careful what you wish for. And be glad Mr. Kinzel loved trains.

CBS came THIS close to taking the train OUT.

Many parks have. See Kings Dominion. Carowinds. And on and on.

SFOG converted their steam train to diesel. It typically pulls TWO carriages. TWO.

To be fair the train at Carowinds left long before Paramount bought the park. One of the trains was owned by Michael Jaskson.

• Like 3

I would like to see a "shoot out" on the train, that would be great and NASTALGIC.

BB1, catching the drift.

A shootout probably would not go over well in this day and age. This ain't the '70s.

But it is the west, right? Plus, if needed, one could have a sign for such activities. When I say "on the train" I mean to the fact of on the route, now one could have it literally on the train, if needed.

(See Northwest Ordinance of yesteryears)

I would like to see a "shoot out" on the train, that would be great and NASTALGIC.

BB1, catching the drift.

A shootout probably would not go over well in this day and age. This ain't the '70s.

If we allow it in movies, theater, and other amusement parks, why can't we allow it around the KI&MVRR?
  • Like 1

Paramount Parks had a shoot 'em up show in Action Zone centered around the water tower.

After Columbine it continued. Then came a flood of guest complaints. It quietly disappeared.

Robbery in an amusement park?

What's next? Cowboys and Indians?

I don't see it happening. Just imagine when a guest doesn't understand, is terrified and...Or, it's a battle scarred veteran with PTSD and...

Nothing good comes out of that scenario.

• Like 3

This ain't the '70s.

But it is the west, right?

Rivertown at Kings Island isn't themed around the Old West.

(Although Frontiertown at Cedar Point is.)

Technically it is. Based off of 1800's acts and ordinances the Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky/Minnesota regions were the Northwest. Now the Utah/California/Arizona/New Mexico/Texas comes after the Northwest Ordinance, therefor it can be inferred that the Ohio/Midwest was the "Old West" and technically speaking the more western regions were "New West".

• Like 1

The engines its self were modeled after the general from the great locomotive chase. Which happened in the 1800's. BB1 I forget the park name but I think its called martins fantasy island near Niagara falls, on the shows they have a shootout. It is Martins Fantasy Island and its called wild west shoot out, fun filled old west adventures in the street of western town. Four shows daily. So I think KI has a shot at the shoot out on the train ride.

Edited by CP&LERR Fan