2014 Plans?

QUESTIONS:

How reliable is Bizarro @ SFNE? S:RoS? Skyrush?

Skyrush is fairly reliable. I went to Hersheypark last summer for two days and it wasnt down at all. The only reason youd miss it would be in the case that the cable broke, but its very unlikely.

Oh and if you go to Hershey, buy your tickets at the Giant Stores because they let you in from 7-10 one day for a "preview" and you will also be able to go to Hershey the next day all day.

I'll echo this post. If you use the preview plan at Hershey you also only have to pay for parking during your preview visit. Just keep the parking ticket the same way you keep your admission ticket and they'll waive the parking charge the next day.

As far as the Intamin mega coasters you mentioned...the general rule is that the Intamin megas (and gigas) are actually pretty reliable, but any Intamin that launches is much more hit or miss. If you want to ride an Intamin launch coaster and you see it running just get in line, particularly if you're at a park that you might not get back to for a while.

Regarding the original question, my 2014 plans are pretty much the same as always. Hit every park I come across with a 3 Point Challenge and win at at least three quarters of the parks. I'd like to hit a few new-to-me parks (Six Flags Over Texas, Fiesta Texas, Silver Dollar City, and the Northern California parks) and see if we can get to 275 credits this year.

• Like 3

I'm glad to see all the mentions of Six Flags St. Louis.......

.....Mostly because it is a great park, and I don't think it gets as much attention as it should. Although it may not have as many coasters as Kings Island, it does have a good lineup of rides.

For any of you trying to think of another park to visit but are still trying to decide.....Try choosing Mid-America.....Six Flags Over Mid-America...... (St. Louis)

(TheBEASTunchained who still hates calling the park Six Flags St. Louis)

• Like 4

A trip to Holiwood Nights is all but confirmed for this year. Also considering taking a trip around Pennsylvania to hit a few of their parks. (I've never been to Knoebels, Hershey, Waldameer, or Lakemont Park. Last year I went to Conneaut and Kennywood, and would like to hit those again if time allows.)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly for me and my friends, going wasn't that hard if you have a good sized group. Have four to five people splitting gas/hotel/food costs/ect. It really wasn't that bad. Last Cedar Point trip I did towards the end of the season, I spend 15 in gas for my share, and 10 on the hotel. Food maybe 40, and then that was it. So 65 bucks for a three day CP trip, not a bad deal.

• Like 3

I would love to go to KI.....with that said....I moved to DC from Detroit area...My new home park is SFAM. The park pass allows you access to SFAM and SFGADV! YA! Can't wait to ride Ragin Cajin and the new Drop Tower on Kinda Ka..

KD is only 80 miles from my house. So I'll be celebrating the parks' 40th!

I hope you got a Gold Pass. If not, you may want to upgrade. Parking at Great Adventure is breathtaking. SFGAm is more so.

SFA is not now, nor will it ever be, my "home park." I do, however, adore Wild One.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is still so far out but found myself considering SeaWorld Orlando for next Christmas season. That is a wait and see what happens though, since I'm not really a Florida gal, lol. (but I do miss that park) I'm just looking forward to San Antonio right now, the lodging details are all set!

I think it has been answered but I just want it clear, what is Six Flags equivalent of a Platinum pass? Another Six Flags park may happen some point this year (not disclosing which park atm just yet but I'm thinking one of the Cali ones) It may be something I'll consider when I am at Fiesta Texas.

A Six Flags Gold pass. Confirm at time of purchase that it includes chain wide parking. Gold passes are not always offered, and prices increase drastically in season.

Six Flags passes must normally be processed at the park where purchased. Prices vary WILDLY from park to park.

Six Flags parking can be very dear--upwards of $25 at several of the parks for 2014.

• Like 1

The cheapest one day parking at SFGAm is $25 at the gate. A season parking pass for just SFGAm is $8o--on top of the season pass price.

I paid less than $80 for a Gold Six Flags pass with chain wide parking AND admission. But, I bought it during the 2013 season at a Six Flags park. I could have paid $10 less than I did by buying it at SFA, but I'd rather help support New Jersey's Finest Theme Park. I did that most years even when SFKK was open.

• Like 1

And if you even think about discovering a Northern Cali Flags, go to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. You won't regret it.

California's Great America is close by, too.

I second the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk advice. When we went there years ago, we only planned to stay about two hours... which eventually turned into eight hours. We couldn't tear ourselves away from the place, it was so nice! Of course, that made our drive to San Simeon that night a lot later and darker than we had planned.

As far as our plans, there's the ones we do every year: Kings Island, Cedar Point, Stricker's, Coney, and Dollywood in November.

I'm also planning on going to Kentucky Kingdom on opening day. As I've said before, I want a front-row seat to what I think will be a fiasco. KK was far from a pleasant experience last time I visited, hopefully they'll surprise me.

For once, I'm not entirely sure that I'll make it to Holiday World in 2014. I've been going every year for about 5-6 years, and we usually go on our way back from my family reunion in IL, but depending on schedules, the Gatorettes might not be joining me for that reunion and it may be a solo trip. I'm not sure that I'll feel like going to HW&SS by myself.

We've been going to new PA parks each year after her family reunions, and we are definitely planning on our first visit to Waldameer in August. Mrs. Gator mentioned that she wouldn't mind extending that trip to include a few others, the ones she specifically mentioned were Lakemont & DelGrosso's (both of which we've also never been to), but if we're going to make that our full vacation, I wouldn't mind going to Dorney for the first time, and possibly a return visit to HersheyPark.

• Like 5

I'm also planning on going to Kentucky Kingdom on opening day. As I've said before, I want a front-row seat to what I think will be a fiasco. KK was far from a pleasant experience last time I visited, hopefully they'll surprise me.

First day of the parks reopening is going to be far from pleasant in my opinion. It is going to be hell.

• Like 3

The first day for any new (or re-opened) business is usually difficult. From procedures to employee preparation to the not knowing whether few customers or a stampede will show up.

In Kentucky Kingdom's case, due to the great love the Louisville area and Kentuckiana have for the park, the curiosity, the desire of patrons and politicians to be seen there, the new coaster and rides and to a host of other factors, I strongly suspect a throng of guests will show up.

It will be a stressful day for the managers, employees, security and officials. But it should also be a very rewarding one.

You see, after all the efforts, missed starts, the tears, the fears, the hopes and the dreams, Kentucky Kingdom will be open again. Exhilaration will abound.

• Like 3

Ok...May has been decided for Vegas. Up until yesterday, my mother couldn't figure out whether to go in March or May (I was already leaning towards May because Spring Break is March-April...), and one of my SoCal friends told her what the temperature is typically like in March and she didn't like it, lol.

El Loco should be opening soon I am assuming?

• Like 3

Daughter and I are planning to take a week, visit CP for a couple days, take in a Tigers game, a Blue Jays game, and visit CW for the first time. Sucks, though, that we both need to pay for the passport cards, but, they will be valid for a while, as we do enjoy cruises as well, though we haven't done that since 2008.

Wife and daughter are visiting Universal in March.

• Like 5