Scream for A Kid Again on Banshee

Guest KingsIslandPR

Yeah, don't loose sight of the forest through the trees. Already had to tear a guy from GOCC a new one for complaining about the event since he was entitled to media day anyway. He made himself look like a spoiled brat and made his club look bad. This was a grown man too.

KIC, as I see it, is far above the whole entitlement thing. The vast majority of the people associated with this site are grateful that they get to spend time at KI and want to share it with others.

• Like 11

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the height restriction for the new B&M inverted trains will be 52inches. While signing up there was a sidecomment mentioning that you have to be atleast 52 inches in order to participate in the Banshee Riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Is KIC going to do this as a group?! I am going to do this, just would love to go under KIC if we are going to do this as a group.

I love this organization. My friend Amber, her daughter Katelynn (KK) and poppa Steven have been tremendously helped by this organization. It would be wonderful to be a first rider - but the greater thing is to raise money for an organization that is truly awesome. My birthday is April 19 and I am already asking people to donate to this instead of buying me a birthday gift.

A kid again gives children with various medical issues/limited abilities to do things they would normally not be able to do. All kinds of fun activities.

If you have never gone on a day that Kings Island hosts the A Kid Again, you should try going. It has been a wonderful experience when I go on those days. These families are truly inspirational.

This is the wonderful and beautiful KK:

Posted Image

When I posted on Facebook about doing this - Team Bumble - Amber responded with this (she did not realize initially this was only the fundraiser not A Kid Again Day) :

Neatest smile EVER!! I love this status SOOOO much.. If this is something you would do feel free to use some our pictures from Kings Island. I hadn't heard the date I'm surprised we are going so early in the year.. A kid again is such an amazing organization.. Thanks to them bumble has gone to a hockey game, minor league baseball game, zoo, Kings Island, comedy/ magic show, they have a holiday party where each kid gets a gift they want and most importantly it was all done free to the family allowing us no worries and Bumble a chance to just be a kid. Thank you so much Lora!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Is KIC going to do this as a group?! I am going to do this, just would love to go under KIC if we are going to do this as a group.

I love this organization. My friend Amber, her daughter Katelynn (KK) and poppa Steven have been tremendously helped by this organization. It would be wonderful to be a first rider - but the greater thing is to raise money for an organization that is truly awesome. My birthday is April 19 and I am already asking people to donate to this instead of buying me a birthday gift.

I have already signed up. Perhaps if there were enough people, there could be an unofficial KIC meetup.

A girl used to go to my school who was tremendously helped by this organization. I feel the same thoughts you do, Lora, about the wonderful things this organization does. Her name was Tilly, and we had raised plenty of money for her and for a future treatment. I know the money we raise will go to a good cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 3

Hopefully Don can make all of this clear because I would like to be able to tell my donators if I will definitely be given a spot or if I need to be in the top set of people to participate. I know that the charity part is the important part but some people would still like to know. Just how some people are in this day and age.

• Like 1

Guest KingsIslandPR

Hopefully Don can make all of this clear because I would like to be able to tell my donators if I will definitely be given a spot or if I need to be in the top set of people to participate. I know that the charity part is the important part but some people would still like to know. Just how some people are in this day and age.

A limited number of spots are available for this event. For those interested in participating, simply register and begin your fundraising efforts.

• Like 6

So we have to raise money without knowing whether we'll be able to participate? I don't like that. If somebody donates to "sponsor someone in the event" they expect that someone to participate. If I can't guarantee to potential donors that I will be eligible to participate, then I'm not comfortable soliciting donations to begin with. I think I'll sit this one out.

Coasting For Kids also has this "restriction." While it may not always be reached, there is a limit. I remember seeing a be within the top 80 for your park to raise $100 to participate or something like that.

So we have to raise money without knowing whether we'll be able to participate? I don't like that. If somebody donates to "sponsor someone in the event" they expect that someone to participate. If I can't guarantee to potential donors that I will be eligible to participate, then I'm not comfortable soliciting donations to begin with. I think I'll sit this one out.

Coasting For Kids also has this "restriction." While it may not always be reached, there is a limit. I remember seeing a be within the top 80 for your park to raise $100 to participate or something like that.

At some parks, yes, I've seen that. Other parks, including KI, have in the past simply accepted the first X registrants rather than taking the top X fundraisers. I believe registration for KI was shut off early last year because it filled up to the maximum.

Guest KingsIslandPR

Participants from 11 different states have registered and have begun fundraising for the Scream for A Kid event. This will be a fun, meaningful and memorable experience for everyone that takes part.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

That is such a sweet tribute. I can't wait to see him at the park. I am hoping after Christmas to sign up for this. I love this organization so much. I have said it before, but if you can go on A Kid Again days at Kings Island you will meet amazing people and leave encouraged.

• Like 5

I am hoping to sign up this week. Way to go on hitting $100 already. I have a friend (I've mentioned her and her daughter previously) and it goes to families like them. I wish you could meet Amber and KK yourself. You would see instantly why you doing this really is a great thing for some truly wonderful families.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's have a KIC team. I want to be well represented there. A Kid Again is very near and dear to me.

I started fundraising before joining this site. This is the first time I have done any kind of charity fundraising and I love the idea. I wish I could have been apart of the Diamondback one but simply did not realize what was going on. I've surpassed my goal already I may have to bump it up. Anyway I've got 500 raised to help represent this site. I've enjoyed this forum more so far in two weeks than I have with others I am apart of.

• Like 7