Scream for A Kid Again on Banshee

Guest KingsIslandPR

I just registered: https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/mmiddleton/screamforakidagain

Browsing through the fundraising list, I recognize lots of names from KICentral. Glad that we're well-represented and that I can (probably) join as well!

It's great to know that Banshee's debut is bringing hope and joy to children and families fighting terrible illnesses. A positive outlook can definitely make a huge difference.

(P.S. When trying to donate to my own page, FirstGiving wants a 7.69% fee. Does this event accept offline donations?)

• Like 4

I'm still debating whether to go or not. I want to go and have fun and raise money, but I don't have a ton of money, and I already registered for Media Day and am expecting to go to Opening Day, so I would probably be very tired. If I don't attend, I will certainly donate money to your pages.

• Like 3

I will be only doing Media Day unfortunately. I will need a bit of R&R after all day at Media Day. Plus I may do something outside the park for funsies (Go Karts, GWL, etc.) in the evening. Plus I wouldn't mind relaxing with a few people in a hotel room just watching movies or whatever that night and sleeping good and waking up early again for Opening Day..

• Like 5

I will be only doing Media Day unfortunately. I will need a bit of R&R after all day at Media Day. Plus I may do something outside the park for funsies (Go Karts, GWL, etc.) in the evening. Plus I wouldn't mind relaxing with a few people in a hotel room just watching movies or whatever that night and sleeping good and waking up early again for Opening Day..

This. Afternoon and evening following Media Day for me will consist of a combination of GWL (namely MagiQuest and possibly the arcade and mini-golf) and go-karts before an early bedtime. Being up at 3:30 am and staying up until midnight (which is what it would be if I did both Media Day and this) would be too much for me and would leave me too tired to do opening day.

• Like 2

Media Day ends at 2:00pm (14:00), and registration for this doesn't start until 8:00pm (20:00). That's plenty of time to sleep, hang out, and/or relax. The park opens late on Friday, so those staying around for Opening Day should be well-rested.

I'm sure that I'll be tired by the end of the day. Echoing APE, I'm confident that it will be well-worth it. Opportunities to attend events like this one don't happen every day.

• Like 8

If you feel you are capable of doing all three, by all means go for it. To each their own. :)

I know my limits and that I probably would exhaust myself trying to do all three, and without being able to get sufficient sleep Thursday night, I likely would not be able to safely make the 40-minute drive home Friday night. And in order to get the necessary sleep, I need an early bedtime because in all likelihood my excitement for opening day will wake me up way earlier than I set my alarm for on Friday morning. :)

• Like 5

By the way, for anyone else who is interested, the park has stated that space is limited. Thus far, there are 190 online participants plus representatives of several corporate sponsors.

An exact number of spots isn't available for this, but Diamondback's auction was limited to 224. I would recommend registering soon, especially if you expect to be near the fundraising minimum.

• Like 2

I will be attending this on my own as the wife and boy stay home. Whoever else is attending from here it'd be cool to meet you as I am new to this forum.

I am leaving my wife and daughter back at the hotel for this as well. While not new to the site this technically my first event that is somewhat site related, looking forward to meeting some more KIC'ers

• Like 3

Scream for A Kid Again participants may accrue more rides on the world's longest inverted roller coaster during the two-hour charitable event than Media Day attendees are able to do in almost nine.

You are probably very right Don! Participants at the regular Scream for a Kid again events accrue close or over 100 rides or more on The Racer each year! With the the capacity of Banshee, I am sure there will be plenty of rides to be had!

• Like 1

Will Scream For A Kid Again participants have opportunities at front row rides as well?

The event page says that the top 32 fundraisers will be seated on the first train, implying that all 8 rows will be available.

If I do plan on doing this, my body will need a bit of relax time.

There should be plenty of downtime during Media Day itself. With limited seating, non-continuous operation, and (I'm guessing) well over 1000 enthusiasts - we're not likely to be marathoning the ride. Banshee's signature experience is at night, anyway.

For Media Day, I'm really looking forward to meeting lots of people, (finally!) seeing Banshee in operation, and perhaps even being surprised with rides on The Bat. The charity event looks to be the best opportunity for Banshee riding, and it's for a really good cause.

It's too bad that KI didn't plan a "Coaster Campout" for the 6 hours between the events. :)

• Like 8